Mixing two kibble

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
I had to switch Josie's dry dog food to a RX urinary tract infection kibble. It helped immensely. My question is, since it is so expensive, can I mix it with taste of the wild kibble? I will double check with vet. But appreciate your input. This way it would last a bit longer. It says that it can be given exclusively. But that gets pretty pricey.

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
Note: I am not a vet so this is just my opinion. I wouldn't try to mix anything until the infection was cleared. Is the new kibble just for while Josie has the infection or is it a permanent change?

OP
C

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
I spoke with someone who suggested Not to mix. But since urinary crystal can reoccur, I will feed it exclusely to Josie. Zoey will get Taste of Wild. Will feed her in her kennel.

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
Sounds like you have a plan.

We have always feed all of our dogs grain free but recently moved over the Fromm's and it made a noticeable difference.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag members that have experience w/stones… from what I have heard I don't think you can mix foods once they are on special foods for the stones?!! [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Did your bully have crystals or just an infection. Has the infection been on for a long time or just once. Any antibiotics?

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
You switched to Fromms?

For our new Bully Jupiter we've learned A LOT about food and we were feeding our other dogs Nature's Recipe Grain Free small dog and we've switched them over to Fromm's Adult and started Jupiter with Fromm's from day one. After the first few weeks on 100% Fromm's we noticed that our 2 year old Plot Hound mix stopped having problems with her ears bothering her. There was never any infection but she would always have build up and was constantly shaking her head and now there is no gunk and she's not walking around shaking her head constantly. Only change was the food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online