I'm finally done with Hill's Science Diet Food . . .

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
After tearing his ACL's in mid-December, Maximus was evaluated by the Surgical team at a Veterinary Hospital and it was determined that he needed to lose weight, as surgery was not an option since he is
considered Obese, so the Surgical Vets recommended I feed him "Hill's Science Diet Metabolic & Mobility" diet. In the course of a month, my Bulldog has never looked worse. His face is red, his wrinkles are a mess
and his overall appearance is poor. As a result, I have stopped the Hill's Science Diet and put him back on
FROMM WEIGHT MANAGEMENT diet and TASTE OF THE WILD Venison & Bison.

I could not believe the foul ingredients in Hill's Science Diet food - like Corn, corn gluten meal, wheat gluten meal, rice and beet pulp. Nasty stuff! I will never allow my dog to eat that food again. I'm hoping that in a short time Maximus will begin to look like his old self !

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
After tearing his ACL's in mid-December, Maximus was evaluated by the Surgical team at a Veterinary Hospital and it was determined that he needed to lose weight, as surgery was not an option since he is
considered Obese, so the Surgical Vets recommended I feed him "Hill's Science Diet Metabolic & Mobility" diet. In the course of a month, my Bulldog has never looked worse. His face is red, his wrinkles are a mess
and his overall appearance is poor. As a result, I have stopped the Hill's Science Diet and put him back on
FROMM WEIGHT MANAGEMENT diet and TASTE OF THE WILD Venison & Bison.

I could not believe the foul ingredients in Hill's Science Diet food - like Corn, corn gluten meal, wheat gluten meal, rice and beet pulp. Nasty stuff! I will never allow my dog to eat that food again. I'm hoping that in a short time Maximus will begin to look like his old self !

When I was researching dog foods, I learned a lot about where the ingredients come from such as bad meat, euthanized animals and even roadkill. I read a lot of the ingredients list and found things like corn, gluten meal, rice and other fillers, which I knew wasn't good for dogs. I also learned that like medical doctors, veterinarians don't learn a lot about nutrition, they only cover one chapter on the subject. Their training is focused on diagnosing and treating disease. They don't know that much about Nutrition, which doesn't make sense, since health and food and food nutrition go hand and hand. Veterinarians will sell these lower quality foods in their offices, because they receive kick backs from the Dog Food companies that manufacture them.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Another way to diet is to replace a portion of the food with green beans, or use them as a treat. (I should try that for myself!)Glad you are getting him off that crappy food!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Never liked that food and vets really try hard pushing the crap

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck Patrick.... Keep us posted and hugs to Maximus

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wonderful Patrick, you should notice a HUGE difference within a month or so. Hope Maximus feels so much better too. Crummy food can make a person or bully feel crummy too.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I was in the food service industry for 40 years. Calories in = Calories out. Dog do not pour their own bowl of food. They can't, they don't have thumbs.

So, cutting down on how MUCH food is served is one of the BEST ways to diet, loose weight. Oh, I meant for the dog !

In the past we bred and showed Arabs. A vet visit my ranch and said my mare was overweight, grabbing the crest of the mane. I said "but I'm pratcially feeding nothing". His reply, "well then feed 1/2 of practically nothing!" The lesson is that what we think is the right amount is either making them gain weight, maintain weight or loose weight.

I even adjust what I feed throughout the year. Sometime a little more, sometimes a little less to keep them in shape. Oh forget about exercise. Hah! not mine..

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.