Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Ok, so how do you give it to a dog ? My dog does not eat food out of a bowl, so it would be impossible for me to put a "dollup" on top of his kibble. He gets hand-fed. SO, do I put it on a paper plate and let him lick it up? I also give Maximus daily Probiotics, so
I know he is getting the good bacteria his immune and digestive system needs. He does have allergies and he has had skin problems.
He is currently on Ketoconazole, an anti-fungal, and Apoquel for his Allergies and he does see a Dermatologist.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok, so how do you give it to a dog ? My dog does not eat food out of a bowl, so it would be impossible for me to put a "dollup" on top of his kibble. He gets hand-fed. SO, do I put it on a paper plate and let him lick it up? I also give Maximus daily Probiotics, so
I know he is getting the good bacteria his immune and digestive system needs. He does have allergies and he has had skin problems.
He is currently on Ketoconazole, an anti-fungal, and Apoquel for his Allergies and he does see a Dermatologist.

Most people melt it and mix in with food....

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have both at home.... Salmon Oil and Coconut Oil and have been using them on Izzy for the past 2-3 years. I do notice better results with the coconut oil as far as her fur being more soft, shinier and she sheds less. I also use to brush her teeth which was a wonderful idea.... Izzy LOVES coconut oil... I mean she will lick her bowl for an additional 15 minutes after I put a tablespoon of coconut oil (still solid) with her kibble! It's funny to watch! Plus the smell is wonderful.

The smell of the salmon oil.... not so much! lol

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)

Does not matter if your dog is "hand-fed"…better, in-fact, to spoon feed coconut oil in its solid form. My highest recommendation is Kelapo, comes in a jar, solid form, melts easily if needed (bullies do not need it melted). Put a dollop (perfect size btw) on a spoon and hand feed - your preferred method.
(coconut oil is also an anti-fungal)

Giving probiotics is excellent…how their digestive system actually absorbs the probiotics is essential (research ACV for that aspect).

What are his allergies?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.