When do I switch from puppy to adult food?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
My bully is 10mo old. I'm just wondering at what point others have switched from puppy to adult food. He is 53lbs and still gaining weight. He has some fat, but I wouldn't call him overweight based on the feel of his rib cage.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We switched when ours turned 18 months. There's a lot of people that switch when their bully turned 1 year old.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I switched at 8 months.... if you are on an all stages food you can switch sooner than other foods.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I switched my two guys to an adult dog food when they were 7 months. Some people switch at around 6 months of age, and others wait until their dog is a year old. You can switch him now or wait until he's a year old, but if he's already 53 lbs, and a little chunky, you may want to switch him now since puppy food has extra calories, vitamins and minerals to support the rapid growth of a puppy. At 10 months old, Fezziks growth will be slowing down a little and he won't need those extra calories. Which brand of puppy food are you currently feeding him?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
All My pups have been 1 year and there on Puppy food for that year , then there all on the same food usually by the same manufacture which are Go products , the dogs at the town house are on Fromms , purina anything is not brought near the property !

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
If I remember, anytime from 7mos on is ok.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Whoops. He is 9 months old (big boy). He is hopefully slowing down since he only grew a 1lb last month. He gets Blue Buffalo Freedom Puppy with chicken. I am looking to switch proteins though because he has been having ear irritation and was wondering if I should go to the adult formula. I think I'll look for an all stages food.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.