So disappointed

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
After having tried lots of different foods, Castor last year finally found something that agrees with what seems to be a sensitive tummy: James Wellbeloved Lamb and Vegs, a British kibble. And what happens - they have now decided to discontinue sales of James Wellbeloved outside of the UK and Ireland.
:yell:
I'm really disappointed as this means that we will have to change his food once again. I think this might mean I will turn to homecooked food for him. We now have the space and an extra freezer so we can easily do raw or home cooked but I was so happy that he does so well on a kibble...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] Every time something is good, the darn companies either change it, or discontinue it! Can you buy up a bunch of it, and freeze it? It will give you time to find another, or decide on a raw receipe. So sorry that you have to deal with this now!

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
@cefe13 Every time something is good, the darn companies either change it, or discontinue it! Can you buy up a bunch of it, and freeze it? It will give you time to find another, or decide on a raw receipe. So sorry that you have to deal with this now!

Yes, it always happens when we find something we like...but you're right, we should buy up a few bags before they disappear. The bags are too big for the freezer , but the best before date on the bag we just bought is July so will get a few more bags.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
That is awful it's so hard to get a good food I'm going through the trying different food stage at the moment, the Orijen seems to be going ok but his eyes are very black with it.
I live in Ireland and I could ship it for you but I think the costs would be astronomical for you.
Home cooked sounds like a good idea or raw which I'm seriously considering at the moment. But I need to get a lot more info first.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
That is awful it's so hard to get a good food I'm going through the trying different food stage at the moment, the Orijen seems to be going ok but his eyes are very black with it.
I live in Ireland and I could ship it for you but I think the costs would be astronomical for you.
Home cooked sounds like a good idea or raw which I'm seriously considering at the moment. But I need to get a lot more info first.

Thanks for your offer, but as you say shipping would be way too expensive. We will try to find something else or go for home cooked. Castor had a go at Orijen Six fish and I remember he loved it but it didn't work in the long run.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It never seems to end when it comes to the food… I'm SO sorry :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, it sucks when you find a good food that your dog tolerates and then they change or discontinue it. It's so hard and frustrating to find another food. I hope you find a new one or home cooking works for you.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Big bummer :( we should've all gone in on the powerball and won and gotten personal chefs for our bullies and maybe ourselves too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Damn, that totally sucks! Best of luck finding a new food or recipe for your handsome boy!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That sucks! Home cooked is better for him anyways.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What a bummer! Where did you hear this. A friend of mine feeds this aswell for her bullies with great results, but she still gets it somewhere and hasn't heard about this...

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a bummer! Where did you hear this. A friend of mine feeds this aswell for her bullies with great results, but she still gets it somewhere and hasn't heard about this...

Saturday we heard about it in the shop where we buy his food, and then I got an email from the Swedish distributor yesterday (they had my email address as we had signed up for a bonus card system). Apparently they will sell until the end of March. Does your friend read Swedish? The text of the email was also published on the Swedish website of James Wellbeloved: James Wellbeloved slutar säljas 2016-03-31

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I understood enough and I saw that now on a finnish pet shops web site too. amazon.uk.com at least still ships to Finland....maybe they continue to do that...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.