General Question Cannabis for your Bullys

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Once I caught him trying to light up but I put a stop to it right there!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Has anyone given there bully Cannabis? Positive outcomes?

Well Chanelle...That herb is illegal here in Maryland but legalization is getting closer for medical Mary J. I guess the Maryland legislature is seeing from the State of Colorado that the herb is a revenue generator. Our General Assembly Session starts next Wednesday and we will see how much closer cannabis gets to be legal.

I would think that cannabis can help with certain health issues in pets but I have not heard of any thus far. As a matter of fact, this thread is the first time marijuana has come up. As far as a delivery mechanism is concerned, I would think it would be in the form of a liquid since I do not think a bully would fire up a joint and smoke it (well except for [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] 's Buster of course).

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Is there a specific outcome you're looking for?

I have a buddy who had a Pitbull that was going through hell toward the end of her life and he used to give her coconut oil and cannabis treats he made and it helped with her skin and temperament.

OP
Chanelle13

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
Is there a specific outcome you're looking for?

I have a buddy who had a Pitbull that was going through hell toward the end of her life and he used to give her coconut oil and cannabis treats he made and it helped with her skin and temperament.

No specifics! Just seeing what peoples thoughts are. My boyfriend was reading up about it so I thought I would ask!

- - - Updated - - -

Once I caught him trying to light up but I put a stop to it right there!

Should have joined him! :w00t:

OP
Chanelle13

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
Well Chanelle...That herb is illegal here in Maryland but legalization is getting closer for medical Mary J. I guess the Maryland legislature is seeing from the State of Colorado that the herb is a revenue generator. Our General Assembly Session starts next Wednesday and we will see how much closer cannabis gets to be legal.

I would think that cannabis can help with certain health issues in pets but I have not heard of any thus far. As a matter of fact, this thread is the first time marijuana has come up. As far as a delivery mechanism is concerned, I would think it would be in the form of a liquid since I do not think a bully would fire up a joint and smoke it (well except for [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] 's Buster of course).

haha yes Buster seems like a bad ***! I had joined a Bulldog facebook group a while ago and a lady posted regards to a liquid form that she was giving her dog since her dog was 2 years old and he lived to be 15!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
No specifics! Just seeing what peoples thoughts are. My boyfriend was reading up about it so I thought I would ask!

- - - Updated - - -

Should have joined him! :w00t:

I would see no benefit if there's no specific reasoning (AKA keep it for yourself). If you do look into it for any sort of medical reason for the dog I'd say to go with a Indica as every Sativa batch he made caused her to get a hives/rash.

OP
Chanelle13

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
I would see no benefit if there's no specific reasoning (AKA keep it for yourself). If you do look into it for any sort of medical reason for the dog I'd say to go with a Indica as every Sativa batch he made caused her to get a hives/rash.

great thanks for your opinion!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I know cannibus oil is very good for seizures in humans so I would imagine it would or could work on dogs too. I is legal here for medical reasons and they have it in foods like chocolate bars! :blink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
My boy got into my hash at an early age we brought him to emergency he was falling flat face could not keep on his legs and peed everywhere - i was covered. They gave him some ash to induce vomiting he was fine had a 2 day hang over and would hardly move.
Now when he smells it he goes in the opposite direction. Have read about the benefits for seizures and cancers they have all been oils and usually done anally so there is not that high associated with cannabis. Not sure how it would work on canines.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, we have never given our guys Marijuana, but I bought a new product from Global Pets Food where I buy their food. It's called True Love Hemp for Health Daily Chews. It's made by trueleaf, and is a Natural Antioxidant Support and Omega Fatty Acids. It has antioxidants Green Tea, Pomegranite, and Blueberry, DHA from whole cell algae to support cognitive health, and Hemp to support the body's normal response to inflammation. They are a soft chew that I break up into their kibble everyday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 148

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
haha yes Buster seems like a bad ***! I had joined a Bulldog facebook group a while ago and a lady posted regards to a liquid form that she was giving her dog since her dog was 2 years old and he lived to be 15!

We had a pug who loved to play, had a balanced diet, saw the vet on a regular basis, was not overweight (essentially we took care of him), and did not receive any form of THC who lived to be 16. So, I do not know if that discredits cannabis not working for the lady's pet. Maybe the pet was in shape and taken care of as well.

If I go to San Francisco, I'll have my better half wear some flowers in her hair.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.