Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So I recently have heard about the usage of cocunut oil on bulldogs paws, snouts, and coats to help better health, look, and feel. I will post the article below and I am sure some of you are aware of this trend and may use it on your bulldogs or dogs currently. I am just wondering if this is safe and legitamite to help boost these things as I bought a tub of the Better Body Foods Organic Cocunut Oil last night and applied some to Bella. She seems to like it and licks around her face when I apply it to her snout. So far I have added only little bits to get her use to it but would like to apply less than a teaspoon in her food every now and then and maybe give her a cocunut oil bath one day to help with her coat. I can see how this can help with her paws and snout as they seem to get crinkly and cracked at times due to the cold weather in Indiana.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips about this please let me know what you think and it would be much appreciated. Thanks and have a good one! :)

Coconut Oil For Bulldogs

Attachments

• IMG_3537.JPG
    IMG_3537.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 142

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hello Bryan and Bella! I haven't tried coconut oil yet but I know many users have and I'm sure they'll give you some great advice. Let us know how you make out with it!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I gave it to my bullies in their food, but it started to cause some upset so I switched to salmon oil. It has great benefits for dogs and people… many people on here use it on their skin, paws, etc… any area w/an irritation.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use it daily as my bully is allergic to salmon. It typically best to use cold pressed unrefined coconut oil if you can get it.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I get that exact brand for myself and my bullies. They get about a Regular spoonful in their evening kibble. Your supposed to start them slowly and small portions. But mine have never had a problem, no issues from it either. Their coats are beautiful and soft. No issues with paw pads or nose cracks. I've rubbed it on them after baths, on a rash and it helped heal up a recent hotspot that Popped up on Lockjaw. My coworker has 2 lab mixes and started giving it to them and she's seen a huge difference in their skin and coat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Sounds good! As long as it's safe I am on board with it and may give it a try. She seems to like it like I said and I plan on just giving it to her every now and then in her food. Also, I would like to put some on her paws and nose during the winter. Hopefully this helps for a better Bella!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I also use that brand. My bully loves it and his fur is so shiny and smooth. I prefer to use this as a snout soother rather than vaseline or another substance because it is edible. He licks it off as much as he can so I just reapply when I get the chance. I also give him some in his food every day or use it as a substitute to peanut butter in his toys.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.