New additions to the menu ...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I know that both of these things have been regularly mentioned on this site but I finally tried them today because I went grocery shopping!!

I got a bag of frozen broccoli so that I can use them for snacks and treats, and picked up 4 cans of Pumpkin. I'm really hoping I picked up the right can of pumpkin!! It didn't say anything about pie filling ... it's made by Libbys and just says Pumpkin on it!!

So I tried the Broccoli for treats.... big success!!

Then I gave all of the dogs some pumpkin on top of their food this evening ...wow you'd have thought I was giving them some kind of drug..they all went into a frenzy!!

So .. overall ... a HUGE success for both of them!! :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is great! :up: I know none of mine have a problem eating them. Then again they would eat a shoe, a toy, a bed.....

gizmo49ers

Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
Hi there, in regards to the right pumpkin can...... the Libby can is orange. They have 2 different ones at the store. The one that is orange and brown is the pie mix and that is no good for dogs. I usually give 1 tablespoon with their food. Take care
Bridgette and the bullies

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I too have recently started a tablespoon of pumpkin with dinner and with breakfast she gets a tablespoon of pumpkin. The veggies are a total hit too!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awesome :up: I created a little broccoli monster in Samson. I love broccoli, it's the one fresh vegetable I almost always have and make it alot. I have always given Samson little pieces as I've made dinner, since he was a little pup. Well now everytime I start cutting it up he can some how decipher between the sound of that and anything else and is instantly at my feet. He CRIES and does the chewbacca moan if too much time has elapsed between each piece he has given. It's ridiculous, he only does this with broccoli and I know its because he knows he will and always does get it if its out. I really need it on video, too bad I don't have any so I can't do that right now.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Glad the pumpkin was a success! Belly gets it with her dinner. I should probably see if she would eat broccoli. The only thing she hasn't liked so far were carrots.

L

Lucy-licious

Hmmmph!! Is my bulldog the only one that will not entertain veggies in any shape or form??
I'm still looking for pumkin but its not lookin promising :(

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@Lucylambchop Have you tried frozen blueberries? Or the big carrots peeled? Chunks of cucumber? Bits of Banana?

Don't know if you'll find pumpkin over there ..... it's definitely a big thing over here which is why you can get it in most places.

L

Lucy-licious

Of all those [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] banana is all she will entertain, my baby is very fussy :lol:
Did you ever believe you would meet a picky eater of a bulldog :LMAO:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Lucy isn't the only picky eater. HRH won't eat carrots, green beans or bananas. She ate a couple pieces of celery once when I was eating some, but the next time I tried she wouldn't eat that either. We haven't tried broccoli or pumpkin yet.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Wow, I'm surprised at the Bullies who won't eat fruits and veggies. All my girls, even Clementine, eat all the stuff I give them. They eat apple, banana, carrots, green beans, pumpkin, butternut squash, apple sauce, and blueberries. As soon as more fresh stuff is in season, I'll start giving them lots more variety. Oh, they also love sweet potato. Doesn't broccoli give them BAD gas? I haven't tried that for that reason. Of course, it probably couldn't be any worse than the gas from the squash!!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
now i want to try the pumpkin. my Bullet :heart:'s broccoli! so far he DOES NOT like snow peas (i accidently picked up a frozen veggi mix one time and he would have nothing to do with the snow peas, lol), lettuce and greenbeans. i really didn't think there were things bullies DIDN'T eat. :lol:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
The word on pumpkin must have gotten out.. both of the grocery stores I go to had signs last week "temporarily out of stock" where the pumpkin cans were :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online