Fromm Vs Orijen Vs Acana

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there. I am new to this site, new to little bullies but not new owning dogs. I had a German Shepherd for 8 yrs and only ate orijen which is made here in Alberta. He never had any issues whatsoever. He still would jump 6ft fences. 80% protein in orijen BUT people are forgetting it goes with servings. Example my dog only ate 3 cups per day and not 6 as the bag recommended. So basically he never did get his 80% serving. He was active 5km walk per day but not active like the GS on the force so he wasn't fed 6 cups. So all this to say, depends if your dog eats his full servings per day.

Tomorrow im off to pick up my mini bully of almost 4 month old. Mini to what im use to lol. Going to be odd but im excited. The breeder is feeding her wild buffalo the green bag. I have no clue what that is. But has rice and I dont want her on any grains. I am use to orijen and trust me google it if you want GS have extremely bad digestion issues. And Major did fine with orijen. Maybe not for bullies I dont know yet. But I do trust that food. Chicken only!! Good luck :)

OP
E

EnglishLove

Nov 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilma
Based on what I am able to see is that Fromm has best value for money, has a history of no recalls, has probiotics and dogs do not get allergies on it that often. We will keep with Fromm for the time being, the only main thing is that it does not seem to be very appetizing for our dog. We have to sprinkle it with an orijen treat or some tastier human food.
I am somewhat tempted to try Orijen Regional Red in the future though.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi there. I am new to this site, new to little bullies but not new owning dogs. I had a German Shepherd for 8 yrs and only ate orijen which is made here in Alberta. He never had any issues whatsoever. He still would jump 6ft fences. 80% protein in orijen BUT people are forgetting it goes with servings. Example my dog only ate 3 cups per day and not 6 as the bag recommended. So basically he never did get his 80% serving. He was active 5km walk per day but not active like the GS on the force so he wasn't fed 6 cups. So all this to say, depends if your dog eats his full servings per day.

Tomorrow im off to pick up my mini bully of almost 4 month old. Mini to what im use to lol. Going to be odd but im excited. The breeder is feeding her wild buffalo the green bag. I have no clue what that is. But has rice and I dont want her on any grains. I am use to orijen and trust me google it if you want GS have extremely bad digestion issues. And Major did fine with orijen. Maybe not for bullies I dont know yet. But I do trust that food. Chicken only!! Good luck :)

:welcome4:

Greetings!

Welcome to EBN [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] and your soon to be new bully. Congratulations! And Jewel and Bentley say hello.

Please peruse the sight as there are many articles that may help with your questions and give you answers. Or you can post your question and I am sure one of us will chime in and provide advice, suggestions, moral support, etc. You are never alone here at the forum.

When we first got Jewel, we fed her Orijen Puppy and she did great with it. Jewel was being fed a Purina kibble that we gradually switched her over by mixing her old food with the Orijen Puppy until it was all Orijen that we gave her (about 10 day period). But I do agree, Orijen is a great food. Unfortunately, Jewel developed pancreatitis and we now have her on a low fat diet.

Make sure to post pics of you new bully so the whole forum can see your new puppy. Also make sure you take lots of photo because they grow so fast.

"Hell on Wheels"....I wore Patton's patch over my heart for 7 years. Phew! Flashback.

Again, welcome and enjoy the site. --rj

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Helsonwheels cause I ride a motorcycle and someone nick name me that...
Well got one photo. Got her today. She's only 3.5 months old. And not 100% sure yet trying names. Nyala for now.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] welcome to EBN!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your new bully pup! Congratulations!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky ate Orijen puppy for 4 months or so until he turned 6 months and he liked it and seems to be very healthy and decent in size. I switched to fromm pork and peas at 6 months and the next time i needed food i bought a bag of pork and peas and beef frittata and gave him the beef frittata first and have now switched back to pork and was with no trouble. He does better with the fromm but acts like it isn't as filling as the origin puppy so i feed him a little more than recommended. His coat and stools look good though and he seems happy with it and doesn't try to eat as much grass like he did on orijen puppy which is high in protein compared too the fromm. Good luck with your search!!

Vcphillips

Mar 1, 2015
Country
Unted States
Bulldog(s) Names
Boudreaux
I know this thread has been silent but I just came across it and figured I would comment.
We feed Orijen... We go between six fish and regional red. We looked into Fromm and decided to go with Orijen even though it was double the price of Fromm. If we went with Fromm we would have had to feed 3 1/4 cups of food daily which would make us have to buy 2 bags to get through 1 month and would have been about $30-$40 more per monthly expense. Orijen costs us $97 and we only feed 2.5 cups of food daily. One large bag lasts us exactly a month. So cost wise it is cheaper in the long run but more cost up front. I read some had issues with stools being loose, we had the same issue at first. We went back to our feed store and talked to them about switching to Fromm. They talked us in to sticking with it and said it was the high protein and the dogs belly had to adjust. It took 4 months of is giving yogurt with our dogs food twice a day to get it somewhat solid. One day we ran out of yogurt and 3-4 days later his poop was still solid. We haven't had any issues since unless my kids over feed him then he will get a loose stool. I love that it is whole prey meaning organs, muscle, bone marrow, etc is in the food. My dog is 18 months and stil has the soft puppy fur.

OP
E

EnglishLove

Nov 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilma
My dog does not want to eat Fromm at all, so I bought Orijen and she immediately eats the amount I give her, and stays near her bowl wishing for more. We will be sticking with Orijen from now on.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.