Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has gotten to where he will only eat once a day ....
He only turned 1-yr old in January, and I'm just surprised that he won't eat for me until sometimes 7-8PM at nite .....

I guess I shouldn't worry about it, but I find it odd that at his age he will only eat once per day ...

I also experience the same thing with my female Pug. She also will go all day long with no food and than eat at 8-9PM.

Does anyone else experience this ??

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Not me, Samson eats in the morning when we get up (6am weekdays, a little later on the weekends) and in the evening around 5pm. He eagerly eats every morsel at every meal. All dogs are different though, I know my moms dogs don't eat as soon as their bowl hits the floor.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Both my bullies live for two things and two things only in life ... to sleep and to eat ... and if they could work out how to do both at the same time I would have the happiest bulldogs on this planet!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas eats every morsal at 7 a.m. later on the weekends and every morsal at 5 p.m., he gets one cup at each feeding. How much are you feeding and what kind of food are you feeding?

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus eats TOTW and WELLNESS CORE GRAIN-FREE. Since he is only eating once a day, he tends to be hungry and will eat 2-cups of food readily, and will look for a snack later in the evening.
I'm just surprised a dog of his age would only want to eat once a day. He is going all day with no food and when offered will refuse. He is healthy, although he did just lose 4-lbs. He went from 67-lbs.
to 63-lbs. The Vet says he is doing very well .........(He was just there this week coz he was Sick - had a temp of 104-degrees. Ugh! ).

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy eats twice a day and snuffles around every waking hour..well actually minute...for treats :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.