Yoghurt question

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh on a lighter note. If you fail the first few times attempting to make curd at home don't worry.
Befriend an Indian or Pakistani and ask them how they make it at home.
We are everywhere in N. America, W. Europe, Australia and S. Africa :)

Cheers,
Raghu

A lady from India works with my boyfriend that told him she does it on a regular basis... never buys yogurt, she always makes her own

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
At $5 a week for both my guys, I just get the greek yogurt and it saves me the hassle of making it, but I'm lazy! I'd like some more information on the biproduct waste of greek vs. any other gurt'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We use plain jane yogurt. Not greek. I am not a super save the planet eco freak by any means but the production process for greek yogurt creates 3 ounces of toxic waste for every 1 ounce of yogurt. Lol

Hmm.... I found these articles

Greek yogurt waste 'acid whey' a concern for USDA: Jones Laffin

Whey-ing Greek yogurt’s environmental impact – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

Benefits Of Greek Yogurt Do Not Include Its Whey Byproduct: New Solutions Turn Waste Into Money

After reading just these three articles I don't think it is going to stop me eating the small amount of Greek Yoghurt I do eat, and Monty usually has Kefir which is high in probiotics.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
After reading just these three articles I don't think it is going to stop me eating the small amount of Greek Yoghurt I do eat, and Monty usually has Kefir which is high in probiotics.

Nah. That wasn't my intentions by any means. Just putting info out there on why I chose not to use Greek yogurt is all.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Nah. That wasn't my intentions by any means. Just putting info out there on why I chose not to use Greek yogurt is all.

Oh I understand, believe me. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of things have a downside. Slurry from pig farms, waste water from poultry processing just to name a couple. The trouble is I love pork roast and I eat a lot of chicken. Where do you draw the line....

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
glad you did, I had no idea about the byproducts and toxic whey waste…very interesting reads!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey

Athletes around the wordl use this whey, so it can not be that bad....you can even make your own bread dough in to that...

I think it's called acid whey in those articles just to make it sound bad. Sour whey is more accurate.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.