Blue Wilderness food

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Ok I know I'm asking a lot of questions lately and I know opinions vary. Now..... My dog has been on Blue Wilderness Salmon recipe, he has had no problems with it, no allergies that are known although..... He has a yeasty smell, been using Witch Hazel on his ears and its cleared it up so far.

I know people don't like Blue Wilderness, I have look into Fromm's, Nature's Logic however the closest place to buy in my area is about 25-30 minutes away. I know I can order online BUT sometimes when my wife's dogs run out of food she uses my dogs food, so ordering online is hard to predict and manage.

So my question is do you think changing from the Salmon to another Blue Wilderness flavor will help with the yeasty smell, maybe a Beef or Bison? Please let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hi [MENTION=7837]bcarro45[/MENTION] blue wilderness was actually rated a six star food on this site, I recently switched to it from taste of the wild puppy because mine got sick of it. We use the blue wildnerness duck recipe which he really seems to like a lot and so far hasn't given him any smells. Hope this helps :)

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
My dog has been eating Blue Wilderness since I transitioned from puppy food, really never had a problem by any means, no allergies, no skin, hair problems. He has a "smell" you know how every dog has that "smell" nothing bad it's just there. I'm just wondering if the salmon to the duck would help it a little. I'll look into the duck thanks

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
That was one of the foods we first started on, I think we switched due to protein content and tear-stains…I'll have to find my notebook from that time. I still battle tear stains & yeast and have tried five kibbles, the one that has given the least amount of problems regarding tear stains and yeast has been Fromm. The worst one was Brothers Complete - I'm talking black tear stains, it was awful!! Is the smell from his paws or ears?

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Just ears, I never noticed it when he came back from groomers, but then it would come back. Started using the witch hazel and it's broke it up a lot and cleared the smell up, for the most part. Never have problems with tear stains just the yeasty smell.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.