LeleNY

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
Thanks, Laurie! Since we were mixing Royal Canin with Welness (we were still esperimenting with RC) since yesterday we are giving Big Welness with a bit of Fromm. Imediate reaction: the bad gas has stopped! Still soft stools, but this is expected now. But the went crazy when tried Fromm! :D

He thanks evveryone for the tips and help!!! image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks, Laurie! Since we were mixing Royal Canin with Welness (we were still esperimenting with RC) since yesterday we are giving Big Welness with a bit of Fromm. Imediate reaction: the bad gas has stopped! Still soft stools, but this is expected now. But the went crazy when tried Fromm! :D

He thanks evveryone for the tips and help!!! View attachment 93732

He is too darn adorable

OP
LeleNY

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
Re: UPDATE - Soft Stools won't stop

Good morning, all!
I just wanted to give an update about Big.
So since Tuesday night, I stopped completely with the Royal Canin.
I'm mixing Wellness Core with Fromm for puppies. The goal here is to stop Wellness and stick with Fromm.
I also throw away all the treats with chicken. For treats he's now getting Bravo Beef (grain free) and baby carrots.
Today I also started mixing some apple cider from Braggs with his food (I want him to get used to the taste so I can start mixing with water).

What me and my husband have been noticing so far:

Bad Gas - Almost disappeared. Seriously, looks like a miracle! Big used to have gas with such a bad smell we used to say it was an atomic bomb:lol:
So the gas has reduced significantly in the past days and the smell is not as bad.

Smelly face - Even after a shower, Big was having this weird smell, specially on his face/ears. We clean his folds with baby wipes everyday and we cleaned his ears once. But the smell was still there.
Since the diet change, the smell is gone!

Biting paws - He was also biting and licking his paws with more frequency... the biting stopped and now we are seeing him licking his paws MUCH less.

And last but not least... the stool! This is what brought me here. Yesterday he had the first solid stool I ever saw since we got him 2 months ago! I celebrated so much that Big thought I was crazy lol
Since then, the stools have a nice form, but are still soft when I grab it - but I know I have to be patience and this will take a while.

So THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone who replied to my post!
I've been also spending a lot of time reading a lot of posts here. I noticed that everyone is really nice and non-judgmental and I'm glad I found this community!!!
Have a nice weekend everyone! =) =) =)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)

Good morning, all!
I'm mixing Wellness Core with Fromm for puppies. The goal here is to stop Wellness and stick with Fromm.
I also throw away all the treats with chicken. For treats he's now getting Bravo Beef (grain free) and baby carrots.
Today I also started mixing some apple cider from Braggs with his food (I want him to get used to the taste so I can start mixing with water).

Bad Gas - Almost disappeared. Seriously, looks like a miracle! Big used to have gas with such a bad smell we used to say it was an atomic bomb:lol:
So the gas has reduced significantly in the past days and the smell is not as bad.

Smelly face - Even after a shower, Big was having this weird smell, specially on his face/ears. We clean his folds with baby wipes everyday and we cleaned his ears once. But the smell was still there.

Biting paws - He was also biting and licking his paws with more frequency... the biting stopped and now we are seeing him licking his paws MUCH less.

And last but not least... the stool! This is what brought me here. Yesterday he had the first solid stool I ever saw since we got him 2 months ago! I celebrated so much that Big thought I was crazy lol
Since then, the stools have a nice form, but are still soft when I grab it - but I know I have to be patience and this will take a while.

I've been also spending a lot of time reading a lot of posts here. I noticed that everyone is really nice and non-judgmental and I'm glad I found this community!!!
WOO-HOO =) :jumpdance:I'm jumping up and down for you!!! I absolutely know that feeling when you FINALLY find something that works…so happy for you! (Huge ACV advocate here lol) it helped w/stinky saliva amongst many other issues!! It looks like you found your food, TGIF, you can celebrate :beer:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Good morning, all!

That is a wonderful update, isn't it amazing what the right diet/nutritional things can do, and it does take alot of trial & error! But once you find the right mix, stick with it! Give Big "big" hugs from us!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Good morning, all!

AWESOME update.... so happy the little guy is getting better and on the road to better days!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Great news! I am glad that you are seeing so much improvement! We had to try several different foods when Frank was a puppy until we found the right one.

Big is just sooo adorable!!

Most Reactions