Real Name
    Leda
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Soft Stools won't stop

Thanks for your tips! Just got a bag of Fromm and will start the transition - I will also read on apple vinegar and coconut =)

2. Likes schimpfy, NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Real Name
    Leda
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, Laurie, we are feeding him 3 times a day, half cup each. Our vet recommended 3 times a day until he's 6 months old (he is 15 weeks now). Tks!

4. Likes schimpfy, NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good luck w/Fromm. Fingers crossed Big takes to it and it works for you!! Such a battle finding the right food!! What a cutie-pah-tootie he is

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

6. Likes LeleNY liked this post
    Real Name
    Leda
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, Laurie! Since we were mixing Royal Canin with Welness (we were still esperimenting with RC) since yesterday we are giving Big Welness with a bit of Fromm. Imediate reaction: the bad gas has stopped! Still soft stools, but this is expected now. But the went crazy when tried Fromm!

He thanks evveryone for the tips and help!!! -image-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LeleNY View Post
    Thanks, Laurie! Since we were mixing Royal Canin with Welness (we were still esperimenting with RC) since yesterday we are giving Big Welness with a bit of Fromm. Imediate reaction: the bad gas has stopped! Still soft stools, but this is expected now. But the went crazy when tried Fromm!

He thanks evveryone for the tips and help!!! -image-jpg
    He is too darn adorable
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Real Name
    Leda
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UPDATE - Soft Stools won't stop

Good morning, all!
    I just wanted to give an update about Big.
    So since Tuesday night, I stopped completely with the Royal Canin.
    I'm mixing Wellness Core with Fromm for puppies. The goal here is to stop Wellness and stick with Fromm.
    I also throw away all the treats with chicken. For treats he's now getting Bravo Beef (grain free) and baby carrots.
    Today I also started mixing some apple cider from Braggs with his food (I want him to get used to the taste so I can start mixing with water).

What me and my husband have been noticing so far:

Bad Gas - Almost disappeared. Seriously, looks like a miracle! Big used to have gas with such a bad smell we used to say it was an atomic bomb
    So the gas has reduced significantly in the past days and the smell is not as bad.

Smelly face - Even after a shower, Big was having this weird smell, specially on his face/ears. We clean his folds with baby wipes everyday and we cleaned his ears once. But the smell was still there.
    Since the diet change, the smell is gone!

Biting paws - He was also biting and licking his paws with more frequency... the biting stopped and now we are seeing him licking his paws MUCH less.

And last but not least... the stool! This is what brought me here. Yesterday he had the first solid stool I ever saw since we got him 2 months ago! I celebrated so much that Big thought I was crazy lol
    Since then, the stools have a nice form, but are still soft when I grab it - but I know I have to be patience and this will take a while.

So THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone who replied to my post!
    I've been also spending a lot of time reading a lot of posts here. I noticed that everyone is really nice and non-judgmental and I'm glad I found this community!!!
    Have a nice weekend everyone! =) =) =)

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good morning, all!
    I'm mixing Wellness Core with Fromm for puppies. The goal here is to stop Wellness and stick with Fromm.
    I also throw away all the treats with chicken. For treats he's now getting Bravo Beef (grain free) and baby carrots.
    Today I also started mixing some apple cider from Braggs with his food (I want him to get used to the taste so I can start mixing with water).

Bad Gas - Almost disappeared. Seriously, looks like a miracle! Big used to have gas with such a bad smell we used to say it was an atomic bomb
    So the gas has reduced significantly in the past days and the smell is not as bad.

Smelly face - Even after a shower, Big was having this weird smell, specially on his face/ears. We clean his folds with baby wipes everyday and we cleaned his ears once. But the smell was still there.

Biting paws - He was also biting and licking his paws with more frequency... the biting stopped and now we are seeing him licking his paws MUCH less.

And last but not least... the stool! This is what brought me here. Yesterday he had the first solid stool I ever saw since we got him 2 months ago! I celebrated so much that Big thought I was crazy lol
    Since then, the stools have a nice form, but are still soft when I grab it - but I know I have to be patience and this will take a while.

I've been also spending a lot of time reading a lot of posts here. I noticed that everyone is really nice and non-judgmental and I'm glad I found this community!!!
    WOO-HOO =) I'm jumping up and down for you!!! I absolutely know that feeling when you FINALLY find something that works…so happy for you! (Huge ACV advocate here lol) it helped w/stinky saliva amongst many other issues!! It looks like you found your food, TGIF, you can celebrate

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

12. Likes LeleNY, CCandMurray liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Good morning, all!

That is a wonderful update, isn't it amazing what the right diet/nutritional things can do, and it does take alot of trial & error! But once you find the right mix, stick with it! Give Big "big" hugs from us!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

14. Likes LeleNY, CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good morning, all!

AWESOME update.... so happy the little guy is getting better and on the road to better days!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

16. Likes CCandMurray, LeleNY liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Big is Beautiful, A Precious Puppy.

18. Likes CCandMurray, LeleNY liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Great news! I am glad that you are seeing so much improvement! We had to try several different foods when Frank was a puppy until we found the right one.

Big is just sooo adorable!!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

20. Likes CCandMurray, LeleNY liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads