Sick of his food?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hello everyone! Wondering if anyone else has been through a similar situation and if I should be concerned or not. usually Murray gobbles down his food but the past week or so it seems like he's sick of it and eating it very slowly or not finishing this. Is this unusual?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They can get picky at times.... any toppers on it (frozen green beans, yogurt)? Anything going on with him other than the cherry eye?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hello everyone! Wondering if anyone else has been through a similar situation and if I should be concerned or not. usually Murray gobbles down his food but the past week or so it seems like he's sick of it and eating it very slowly or not finishing this. Is this unusual?
Yes, that happened here…we switched flavors. Can you try another flavor of the same brand?

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Nothing going on other than the cherry eye to my knowledge, spoiled happy boy as usual :) I have thought about changing the flavor but TOTW only has one puppy flavor. He'll be 8 months tomorrow, is it too soon to switch him to adult food?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They also love Feta cheese as a topper too.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
They also love Feta cheese as a topper too.

Yesterday I put fresh green beans, a little mashed potatoes and turkey in it and he ate most of it, I'll have to try feta :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nothing going on other than the cherry eye to my knowledge, spoiled happy boy as usual :) I have thought about changing the flavor but TOTW only has one puppy flavor. He'll be 8 months tomorrow, is it too soon to switch him to adult food?

Nope, you can switch to adult anytime after 8 mths of age

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021

Hi Carolyn, I was just logging onto the forum to post practically the same query! Dudley is just coming up to 1 year old and has never been a fussy eater but this last 2/3 weeks he has started picking more at his kibble and raw chicken, as usual with a bully you immediately think the worst!! �� but we are starting to think he is just being picky because he is still sleeping/ playing/ pooping as normal and still going completely potty for any of his treats. We have also over the past couple of days tried a couple of new foods he hasn't had before and he was jumping up at the work top trying to get it ��. Hopefully this is all it is. It's always reassuring to hear from the other members of the forum that have been through the same thing.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
This was very helpful to know!!! Thank you!!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hi Carolyn, I was just logging onto the forum to post practically the same query! Dudley is just coming up to 1 year old and has never been a fussy eater but this last 2/3 weeks he has started picking more at his kibble and raw chicken, as usual with a bully you immediately think the worst!! �� but we are starting to think he is just being picky because he is still sleeping/ playing/ pooping as normal and still going completely potty for any of his treats. We have also over the past couple of days tried a couple of new foods he hasn't had before and he was jumping up at the work top trying to get it ��. Hopefully this is all it is. It's always reassuring to hear from the other members of the forum that have been through the same thing.
you are right and there are a lot of really wonderful people on this forum, I'm very happy to be a part of this community :) p.s. your Dudley is super cute! love his name!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob

This situation is what lead me to find EBN. Goob stopped eating his food and I thought he was being stubborn. I tried toppers and hand feeding him (kibble by kibble) but nothing seemed to work. I assumed that he was being stubborn and he "would each when he was hungry enough." I couldn't handle him skipping even one meal so I made him chicken and rice and he gobbled it up....I was SO mad because now I know he was being stubborn...or so I thought...

I then did a food search and found out that the food we had been feeding him for 3 years was not a high quality food (Eukanuba). I felt so bad knowing that three years had gone by and I had no idea that we weren't feeding him good stuff (it's what the breeder sent us home with and we I never thought a change was necessary). So I searched "best foods for English bulldogs," found this forum, and the rest is history. He is now on a high quality food and I realized that he just got sick of his old food, was trying to tell me he didn't like it, and I just wasn't listening...oops!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Another thing to try that works for me is pretend you are cooking it on the stove then present the dish it is like it is human food the odd time i add coconut or a raw egg :yes:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Another thing to try that works for me is pretend you are cooking it on the stove then present the dish it is like it is human food the odd time i add coconut or a raw egg :yes:

FREAKIN PRICELESS!!!!

Brudysmom

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
My 5 month old english got sick of his food. I tried adding some toppers, but he would eat only that. I tried to stay with the same brand and switch flavors but he still had no interest. I finally switched to orjien puppy formula and he loves it, plus it makes his coat look amazing. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.