Need help plz my two bully's are both starting to get allergies help with food!!?

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hey I have one English x with French bully and a french crossed with Boston terrier the frenchton six and my English French is five since I have had em I always have spoiled em with the same food I eat like if I make a meal they get half my plate if I get fast food il buy them a burger and fries and there dog food bowl is always full of pedigree or whatever I get them but there both starting to get allergies and I need to help them live forever they saved my life I can't live without them so I need advice if anyone can help plz I can't afford the hyperallergenic its like 100us a bag what should I go buy them I know I need to cut em off the food I eat I just spoil em as much as I can what stuff would you guys feed em?. Also my frenchton always always has ear allergies could that be due to the food ? And her vulva always itchy and she scratch es it on carpet to sooth it but I need them to live as long as they can there really my angels thx :) 1447833648450379217874.jpg

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Yes you are right feeding them everything you eat is not at all good for them.Pedigree isn't a good food but there probably is better choices that don't cost an arm and a leg.I feed Blue Wilderness to mine and it's about 60 us a bag.I also have a Frenglish girl and she has a lot of extra skin around her vulva so she gets wiped after every potty to keep it clean.I also use,witch hazel alcohol free for cleaning their folds etc.They can eat certain human foods but fast food is loaded with extra nasty additives and fat.You will get a lot of help here :)

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
when my abbey started getting her allergies it was almost all of a sudden.. we did the testing and turns out there were 25 different things she was allergic to and a bunch of borderline things. but alot of the things were food allergies.., from chicken, potatoes, sweet potatoes, barley, on and on.. i have to feed her mostly lamb limited ingredient food.. i am now feeding her earthborn... changing the food helped a lot but not all.. she is on apoquel.. two pills a day for the scratching.. works way better then giving her all those shots everyday.. shes happy now..

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hi Garett!
I'm going to get right to the point…fast food (burger and fries) is a no no! Spoiling is one thing, but that will harm them. Your heart is in the right place though. If you enjoy cooking for them, there are many recipes that are both healthy and hardy on here…I will copy/paste and pm if you'd like.
As far as kibble, what are you feeding now? I will find the page on best foods to feed and send your way.

OP
I

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks Laurie punky amd Christie :) I know fast food is bad I also give them candy its like whenever I am eating its like natural for me to take a bite then give them a bite I feel so bad if I eat all my food with out hooking em up like it hurts me and I know its not good but as soon as they here a bag crunch from a dead sleep there both sitting nicly like the pic I just took of em at the bottom of my post. But my frenglish she's the bigger one she's five and honestly she is my savior I worry about someone stealing them so unless I have someone with them I trust I bring them with me cause this might be wierd but I am so worried about her dieing cause I no they dont have the longest life span amd she's five for me I can't live without her I love this dog so much and I need for her to live till ten at least so I gotta make sure her heart and skin is healthy my frenchton cookie she will live long and I try not to show favriots but secretly me and my bully's bond is on another level. What about I read online about raw meat like is it better to cook it which I would prefer and what type of meat would you guys think? And Christie about there vulvas I am gonna start doing that I have wipped there boths every few nights to clean em but I will listen to what your doing and clean em after every potty lol I am a 29 year old guy who's like big amd strong and my friends would think it's wierd if they saw me wipe there lady things but I gotta do what's best cause I could only imagine how my little one feels when she's itchy cause there's both are out there with no hair protection but there my girls and I just wanna make sure I give them my best thanks :)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Eeek, no candy, Garett!! :nope:

The best thing you can do to help ensure that your babies live long, healthy lives is to give them proper nutrition.

Candy and fast food has to stop. If you feel bad when you're eating something and they hear the bag, you can open a bag of frozen green beans (they'll love it and it's good for them).

You can cook meat for them if you want to or you could give them meat raw. I will send you a few links on this to help weed through the different kinds/methods.

That's so great how much you love them!!:yes: They are lovable little monsters and for heaven's sake…..no more candy LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi Garett, asking for help shows you want the best for your babies. I have two bullies and one has extreme allergies. You have to give them dog food only or you will never control the allergies. I feed my guys Blue Basics limited ingredient Duck and Potato and they are doing great on it. It is not super costly, around $50 for a 22lb bag. I think when you stop all the extra foods and give a good dog food only, you will see a significant difference. Welcome to EBN!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I found a more expensive kibble is cheaper in the long run need less to fill and better for them. Makes the vet bills cheaper and dog happier so for a 10 more dollars get better food and reek the rewards. As much as you love them protect them from harm. Now give your girls a scratch from me and Chance hope it all works out :yes:

Debbie Hannon

Nov 18, 2015
British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi. We adopted our english bulldog 2 years ago. He is now 9 1/2 years old. We are his 3rd & forever home! He came to us with a few problems. Two of them were he was 10 pounds overweight and has food allergies. His 'white' was very pink and his skin was very itchy. I started making his food, cooking meat (hamberger, chicken, liver), brown rice, peas and carrots. We also give him a daily vitamin. The change in him is amazing. His pink is now white and his scratching is minimal. He has lost the 10 pounds. We started walking him everyday. Short walks to start. Today he walked 8 1/2 kilometers with us! The dog food we were buying was very expensive. We are paying about the same to make their food and we belive it has really helped him and they LOVE it! I hope you found our story helpful.

Littleeagle

Jul 28, 2011
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION], when did you start the Apoquel? What dosage? I have read (Apoquel Comments) it has caused tumors in some dogs and some it stopped working after a few months. Just not sure I even want to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online