General Question Amount of food for EB puppy

KtownBully

Oct 13, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hey guys, just wondering how much food are you or did you feed your English bulldog at 4 months old? Diesel is 4 months old and weighs in at 20.3 lbs (he's a big boy), I feed him roughly 2 lbs of food a day. (10% of his body weight).

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
2 pounds of food a day is way to much, half a cup 3 times a day is what we fed our boy at 4 months. Your should look at the bag and the recommendations they give on there.

OP
K

KtownBully

Oct 13, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Thanks dolphin. He is also in the middle of switching from barf to taste of the wild and I also feed him 3 times a day. He went to the vet a week ago for a wellness check up and the vet didn't mention he was too fat. I really think he is just a big bully. His mother and father was one of the biggest I've seen personally. I'll probably cut it to 1.5 lbs to see how he does on that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
this is a good scale to follow:

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi when our guys were puppies, we fed them 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day until 7 months of age, and then we reduced their feedings to 1 cup of kibble twice a day.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Rosie is now at 22.8 lbs and 16 weeks old , and Female .
I feed 3 cups a day 3 times a day
I picked rosie at 17 days old because i wanted a female above all else and i like em BIG, at the time of My picking her she was as big or bigger then her male litter mates , that said Males are as far as i have seen a much bigger build most time .

OP
K

KtownBully

Oct 13, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I picked rosie at 17 days old because i wanted a female above all else and i like em BIG, at the time of My picking her she was as big or bigger then her male litter mates , that said Males are as far as i have seen a much bigger build most time .

How much does she weigh now?

OP
K

KtownBully

Oct 13, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel

Was she ever consider over weight?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Sorry so late
Rosie was 18 lbs the week before and is now 22.8 lbs and No not considered overweight By My vet

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online