Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fromms food (Switching flavor) and diet issues

Quote Originally Posted by YHSublime View Post
    It's been night and day for me. Plus the boys just LOVE the yogurt, usually they are not excited about meal time, now they droooool with anticipation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great to know! Thank you!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

You know what, guys? Something is telling me to switch her food again. I noticed a small red blotch in Bella's other ear (the good ear!) And, like I said, she still licks her paws sometimes. She gets yogurt every day, and she's on yeast medication for her ears.

I think it could be the potato in Salmon Tunalini? Maybe? I'm thinking it's worth a try. The switch from Lamb & Lentil to Salmon Tunalini was great for her tear stains, but I'm wondering if it's still messing with her allergies. I think it's worth a try. I'm just wondering if I should get a small bag or a big bag.

Also, what can I do with the remaining Lamb and Lentil and Salmon Tunalini? Would I be able to donate lose/open (good quality!) kibble? I'm collecting kibble!
    @2BullyMama

{MEAN JOE BELLA}

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    You know what, guys? Something is telling me to switch her food again. I noticed a small red blotch in Bella's other ear (the good ear!) And, like I said, she still licks her paws sometimes. She gets yogurt every day, and she's on yeast medication for her ears.

I think it could be the potato in Salmon Tunalini? Maybe? I'm thinking it's worth a try. The switch from Lamb & Lentil to Salmon Tunalini was great for her tear stains, but I'm wondering if it's still messing with her allergies. I think it's worth a try. I'm just wondering if I should get a small bag or a big bag.

Also, what can I do with the remaining Lamb and Lentil and Salmon Tunalini? Would I be able to donate lose/open (good quality!) kibble? I'm collecting kibble!
    @2BullyMama

Small bag..... I am testing out the brand new flavor with rabbit/duck. Have you tried Pork n Peas or Game Bird? As for the unused food.... not sure if a shelter will take it call and ask them, but I THINK the store will take them back @bullmama.... is that right, Fromm has something set up with the retailers?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

4. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Small bag..... I am testing out the brand new flavor with rabbit/duck. Have you tried Pork n Peas or Game Bird? As for the unused food.... not sure if a shelter will take it call and ask them, but I THINK the store will take them back @bullmama.... is that right, Fromm has something set up with the retailers?

Thanks! I ordered a small bag of Pork & Peas. I get her Fromms from Chewy.com. I'll check with the shelter, too.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! I ordered a small bag of Pork & Peas. I get her Fromms from Chewy.com. I'll check with the shelter, too.
    email/call Chewy.... worst they will say is no
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama

if you bought it online (ie Chewy.com) , they should give you credit if you inform them that the food did not mesh with your dog and he/she is having allergic reaction. I did that one time and they gave me credit. I asked if I should mail the leftover food and the rep told me to donate it to the shelter. Understandably, the shelter will not accept open containers for potential contamination issues. I do understand but it is a shame wasting perfectly good food and perhaps have a much higher quality than what they feed the animals (purina). They did tell me to bring it however and put it in a section where the homeless dogowners will come pick up the dog food.
    Hug your bully today

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Cali Doll liked this post
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    if you bought it online (ie Chewy.com) , they should give you credit if you inform them that the food did not mesh with your dog and he/she is having allergic reaction. I did that one time and they gave me credit. I asked if I should mail the leftover food and the rep told me to donate it to the shelter. Understandably, the shelter will not accept open containers for potential contamination issues. I do understand but it is a shame wasting perfectly good food and perhaps have a much higher quality than what they feed the animals (purina). They did tell me to bring it however and put it in a section where the homeless dogowners will come pick up the dog food.

This is is fantastic! Thank you so much!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post

So, that was fast and awesome! I just called, and I told the rep that she'd eaten half of the big bag. She refunded me half of the cost! That's so awesome! She requested that I donate the rest to a shelter (like you said). I will always buy from them.

Thanks again @harveyspecter @2BullyMama!!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

12. Likes 2BullyMama, bullmama liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Most dog food retailers will take the food back if it doesn't work out, but it probably depends on the retailer.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

14. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

chewy is the bomb.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

OK, I feel fairly confident that I've solved the yeasty ear problem. Pork and Peas is key! Her ears look brand new again, and I'm so relieved. Thank God! That was kind of a stressful month and a half. I am sticking with P&P!

Finding the right food really is trial and error!!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

OK, I feel fairly confident that I've solved the yeasty ear problem. Pork and Peas is key! Her ears look brand new again, and I'm so relieved. Thank God! That was kind of a stressful month and a half. I am sticking with P&P!

Finding the right food really is trial and error!!
    Excellent, it's a lot of work. We know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads