Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fromms food (Switching flavor) and diet issues

Quote Originally Posted by YHSublime View Post
    Do you just deal with it, or do you switch the food? I'm ok with it regularly, just don't like seeing my boys uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's a good thing to switch up the Fromm (with other Fromm four varieties) from time to time…my personal experience w/Pork and Peas is that Bass gets bored w/it after the third (or so) bag - we get the BIG bag (maybe that's why, it lasts too long?) When he starts to leave a little in the bowl, I have learned that it's time to switch it up and go w/another Fromm.
    Any time I have tried another kibble his tear stains are disgustingly out of control (almost black) and it happens overnight…Fromm is the only kibble that keeps them at bay. A little variety may be good IMO

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I think it's a good thing to switch up the Fromm (with other Fromm four varieties) from time to time…my personal experience w/Pork and Peas is that Bass gets bored w/it after the third (or so) bag - we get the BIG bag (maybe that's why, it lasts too long?) When he starts to leave a little in the bowl, I have learned that it's time to switch it up and go w/another Fromm.
    Any time I have tried another kibble his tear stains are disgustingly out of control (almost black) and it happens overnight…Fromm is the only kibble that keeps them at bay. A little variety may be good IMO
    Yeah, I try to keep it different, but they know that if they don't eat, it will still be there for dinner They are not so picky.

They are also great, as I can keep the food out during the day, and they will eat as they please. I also do the big bag, but it doesn't last long with double the fun.

3. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh how I would LOVE double the fun…maybe once my human "doubles" complete elementary school. What's one more girl in this house?!

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

From Fromm's to Earthborn Holistic. Brett's tear stains got worst because of Fromm Lamb and Lentils. Heard good things about Earthborn

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulldogsstuff View Post
    From Fromm's to Earthborn Holistic. Brett's tear stains got worst because of Fromm Lamb and Lentils. Heard good things about Earthborn
    Yeah? Like I said, it seems to be the season change, so hopefully we won't have to worry much longer. Unusually warm fall though in DC/NOVA area.

7. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yeah? Like I said, it seems to be the season change, so hopefully we won't have to worry much longer. Unusually warm fall though in DC/NOVA area.
    Here too and I am LOVING it! It feels like early summer but looks like full fledged fall! Allergies should just not exist, they take the fun out of the seasons!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Just an update, the yogurt has seemed to yield instant results. My new guy, Thor, absolutely goes bonkers for it. He actually whimpers while I prepare breakfast with anticipation. I've also got some fresh strawberries that I've cut up (just one or two a morning) and they enjoy that as well. I have also mixed a bit of coconut oil in daily with the yogurt.

I also picked up some medicated wipes from my vet, and some cream that helps with the tear stains after Taco's been real bad. I enjoy cleaning him up, wrinkles and ears, as he acts like it's a day at the spa, and mumbles delightedly. Thor... well, I have to catch him and hold him down!

10. Likes NewEnglandBully, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Default Fromms food (Switching flavor) and diet issues

Just an update, the yogurt has seemed to yield instant results. My new guy, Thor, absolutely goes bonkers for it. He actually whimpers while I prepare breakfast with anticipation. I've also got some fresh strawberries that I've cut up (just one or two a morning) and they enjoy that as well. I have also mixed a bit of coconut oil in daily with the yogurt.

I also picked up some medicated wipes from my vet, and some cream that helps with the tear stains after Taco's been real bad. I enjoy cleaning him up, wrinkles and ears, as he acts like it's a day at the spa, and mumbles delightedly. Thor... well, I have to catch him and hold him down!
    I think that the weather in Northern VA is tearing our guys up! Curly has been very paw-licking lately and his tear staining has been a bit out of control for the last few weeks. I heard on the news that the mold spore counts were higher than normal (whatever that means!)

Strangely enough, we also tried to do the old flavor switch-a-roo recently and went from P&P to lamb and lentil. The dogs really liked the new flavor but curly's entire face broke out so we went back to P&P and decided not to mess around with their food again Hahah.

Glad to hear your guys are doing better!

check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nubonics View Post
    I think that the weather in Northern VA is tearing our guys up! Curly has been very paw-licking lately and his tear staining has been a bit out of control for the last few weeks. I heard on the news that the mold spore counts were higher than normal (whatever that means!)

Strangely enough, we also tried to do the old flavor switch-a-roo recently and went from P&P to lamb and lentil. The dogs really liked the new flavor but curly's entire face broke out so we went back to P&P and decided not to mess around with their food again Hahah.

Glad to hear your guys are doing better!

Glad it's not just me! The I think the yogurt has been the main thing, but it's hard to tell. The cream i got really helps heal up the areas around the eyes, but we have started clueing x2 a day. I changed so many things all at once, it's hard to pinpoint success. One things for sure, the boys are eating better than me it looks like with their Fromms kibbles, a spoonful of plain greek yogurt, and a cut strawberry to garnish, lol. In the evening I've started adding less than a teaspoon of coconut oil in with their kibbles.

13. Likes nubonics, Cali Doll liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like they are eating like kings!

I need to try the coconut oil. They all like coconut oil I just forget to incorporate it into my routine

check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

15. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Man, I'm glad I read this thread. I'm in Northern VA, too, and a month ago, Bella got this weird ear itchy/blotchy/blistery thing. Initially, the vet said it was an infection. They gave meds, it got worse. Finally, they did a swab and said it was yeast! They gave her the appropriate meds, and her ear looks much better, thankfully.

I recently switched Bella from that horrid Lamb and Lentil to Salmon Tunalini, and I started giving her yogurt everyday. On L&L, her tear stains were horrible. Now, on ST, she has the face of a baby bulldog.

She obsessively licks her paws, maybe a little less now, but still frequently. I wonder if this irritation (ears, paws) is because of local seasons. I'm so scared to try a different Fromms because of how poorly she looked on L&L. I think I'll stick with ST, and hope the yogurt helps her.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

17. Likes 2BullyMama, YHSublime liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    Man, I'm glad I read this thread. I'm in Northern VA, too, and a month ago, Bella got this weird ear itchy/blotchy/blistery thing. Initially, the vet said it was an infection. They gave meds, it got worse. Finally, they did a swab and said it was yeast! They gave her the appropriate meds, and her ear looks much better, thankfully.

I recently switched Bella from that horrid Lamb and Lentil to Salmon Tunalini, and I started giving her yogurt everyday. On L&L, her tear stains were horrible. Now, on ST, she has the face of a baby bulldog.

She obsessively licks her paws, maybe a little less now, but still frequently. I wonder if this irritation (ears, paws) is because of local seasons. I'm so scared to try a different Fromms because of how poorly she looked on L&L. I think I'll stick with ST, and hope the yogurt helps her.
    It's been night and day for me. Plus the boys just LOVE the yogurt, usually they are not excited about meal time, now they droooool with anticipation.

19. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads