please help bad scratching/ licking

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
My poor Geno is scratching a lot, even until he bleeds behind his ears and under his chin. He is also licking his paws a lot more than ever. I thought he had maybe a seasonal allergy, but now im wondering if it's his food. He is on Fromm Beef fritatta for a month now. I didn't think of it at first because he has been ok for a month up until a few days ago. I really thought I was getting him the best food on the market. Does anyone think he could be allergic to the beef? Either way im going to get him different food first thing in the morning. Any suggestions? He was on taste of the wild before (the blue bag i think it was whitefish). I changed it because he has a weird bald spot and thought maybe it would help. The vet said the bald spot isn't anything to worry about. I feel like such a bad mommy.
thanks
Colleen

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Sorry you're going through this :( I'm pretty sure it's the food, everything you write points at it. It can very well be the beef if he was on a different protein before. I'd probably switch back to what he was on before if the vet said the bald spot isn't anything to worry about... as far as I know "Taste of the wild" is a very good food.

Is the bald spot big and does it grow or change? You could maybe try to put some coconut oil on the food and also rub it on the bald spot if it's still there, it might help:)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very sorry you're going thru this, with Geno, Colleen.

You are not a bad or neglectful Mommy, it's an unfortunate
& common thing to happen to our sensitive bullies with even
the most experienced, knowledgeable & careful owners so,
no blame or shame!

I'd put him back on TOTW (maybe donate Fromm to rescue),
keep in mind it could take up to 3 weeks for old food to clear
his system. Buy pure pumpkin (not pie filling) at grocery, add
a tsp to meal to help prevent runny poos (for 2 weeks). Freeze
in ice cube trays, store in ziplocs in freezer.

I use TOTW, it's a good kibble for the $$$. The bald spot probably
didn't have anything to do with it. Allergies, either to food or environment
cause the symptoms you are describing. Good luck & update us, please.

Vertericyn is magical to heal wounds asap. Coconut oil is great too,
not as fast to heal tho.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sorry your going through this FTSE is unable to have beef and I'm thinking it is something that you are feeding that is upsetting Geno, with FTSE he used to have really bad yeast outbreaks and we went through so many foods until we found one that he was ok on some he would be on for a couple of months before any reaction, hope you find out what is causing his scratching.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=5625]cbh142[/MENTION] Switch over to Fromm Tunalini.... it is salmon based since he did well on the Blue fish

OP
cbh142

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Well i went and got him taste of the wild again. Ill keep the tunalini in mind, I'm just seeing that now. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks for the replies��

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.