janinez107

Oct 23, 2015
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Mable
Hi, I have had Mable for over a year now, she is 8 years old in February and we had her as a rescue after her owner rinsed her of puppies and she was then living off basic food. I started her on the arden grange sensitive dry food (my vets recommendation) and we mix it with wainwrights grain free wet trays and natural yoghurt. She doesn't have any stomach upsets and she is on piriton daily but around her ears are a little pink and the the bottom of her paws. I don't think there is any desperate need to change her food but I want to give her the best as she is an older bulldog so the quality of food is probably more important.

I have heard taste of the wild is good?

Any help would be great! I would try the raw but my hubby is very against it so I am looking for options I can purchase.

xxx

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hi, I have had Mable for over a year now, she is 8 years old in February and we had her as a rescue after her owner rinsed her of puppies and she was then living off basic food. I started her on the arden grange sensitive dry food (my vets recommendation) and we mix it with wainwrights grain free wet trays and natural yoghurt. She doesn't have any stomach upsets and she is on piriton daily but around her ears are a little pink and the the bottom of her paws. I don't think there is any desperate need to change her food but I want to give her the best as she is an older bulldog so the quality of food is probably more important.

I have heard taste of the wild is good?

Any help would be great! I would try the raw but my hubby is very against it so I am looking for options I can purchase.

xxx

There is a great food guideline here the top 6 foods are excellent choices , i personally use GO product for my 4 adult dogs with no issues so far , and GO puppy for my new Bully

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The Arden Grange Sensitive is mostly potato but the Wainwrights grain free wet food seems to be a very good product.

If you're not having any serious issues, I would not change a thing.

Bulldogs are just so sensitive, and takes it so long to find a combo that works for them (think years sometimes), that many of us here would kill to have only the issues you mentioned.
Stick with what you're doing. :2thumbs:

Oh, and Welcome to EBN :)

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I used TOTW for my two, and it has worked well when other brands have not. My Tucker is allergic to chicken, so I feed them the one with Bison. However, if you want to explore other options, Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor is a good place to check!

Welcome to the best place for Bulldog lovers!

OP
J

janinez107

Oct 23, 2015
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Mable
Thanks for your opinions maybe I should stick to the food I am using then if she has no real problems with it, didn't realise quite how sensitive some other bullys are! So glad I found this forum xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.