natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Diva has always had issues keeping her food down after every meal , she will consume the food and app 2 mins after finishing it up it comes , she then eats it up again and normally stays down the second time .
We have had her to our vet many many times for this and tried many different things , well we seemed to finally found something that works , our vet is at a total loss finds nothing wrong with Diva that 4 lbs over weight we also believe it is not allergy related with her ,
App 3 weeks ago We put her on Acana Light and Fit all breeds and from day one not brought it back up , just thought if anyone else was having the same issues with a older Bully that this info Might help you out a bit .
Nat

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, Nat, and so happy hearing this great news for your Diva.
And for y'all too (less worry), got to hand it to you, 11 years old, Wow!

Cami doesn't throw up but has weight issues even tho I have her on
green beans & TOTW (Taste of the Wild) Bison & Venison. But she is
so lazy, even for a bully so it makes it hard for her to lose weight. At
her last Vet visit (2 months ago) she weighed 65 lbs so got very strict
about no treats, she's lost some but haven't had her back to weigh in.
Hoping for good news, if not, may try Acana Fit & Light for her :)

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thank you, Nat, and so happy hearing this great news for your Diva.
And for y'all too (less worry), got to hand it to you, 11 years old, Wow!

Cami doesn't throw up but has weight issues even tho I have her on
green beans & TOTW (Taste of the Wild) Bison & Venison. But she is
so lazy, even for a bully so it makes it hard for her to lose weight. At
her last Vet visit (2 months ago) she weighed 65 lbs so got very strict
about no treats, she's lost some but haven't had her back to weigh in.
Hoping for good news, if not, may try Acana Fit & Light for her :)

Diva is the same not a huge exerciser and come winter NO interest in going out to do her business , Diva has lost 5 lbs so far and really to me tho the key was she was keeping it down. Ya Diva is well named she is a Diva and i love the old girl at 11 I had found out from our vet ( she was the one that told Me about diva needing a forever home ) recently she has out lived all her pups and sires she is the only one left .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great you found the right food fir her... Is there an ingredient in the old food that is not in the new?

Our first bully was allergic to rice and it took us almost a year to figure it out--- allergy testing confirmed it

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Great you found the right food fir her... Is there an ingredient in the old food that is not in the new?

Our first bully was allergic to rice and it took us almost a year to figure it out--- allergy testing confirmed it

All the other foods were fish based ( First Mate ocean fish was the last one ) , this one is Cobb chicken does have flounder (fish )eggs, fruit and veggies supposed to biologically correct , I am still having good success so far , not cheap I am paying 74.00 CDN a bag for 28.6 lbs or 13 kg a bag. I do not care as she is the only one eating it too Me it is all good as long as she is healthy and keeping it down .
I have all the other dogs on Petcuran GO grain free adult , fit and free, chicken,trout,turkey, Rosie is on Go fit and free grain free puppy loves the stuff

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All the other foods were fish based ( First Mate ocean fish was the last one ) , this one is Cobb chicken does have flounder (fish )eggs, fruit and veggies supposed to biologically correct , I am still having good success so far , not cheap I am paying 74.00 CDN a bag for 28.6 lbs or 13 kg a bag. I do not care as she is the only one eating it too Me it is all good as long as she is healthy and keeping it down .
I have all the other dogs on Petcuran GO grain free adult , fit and free, chicken,trout,turkey, Rosie is on Go fit and free grain free puppy loves the stuff

Might be a little pricey, but if it saves a few vets visits... it is well worth it!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online