Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OC Raw Dog of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA is voluntarily recalling 640 lbs. of Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulation. This is being done in an abundance of caution, as the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Getting ridiculous with all the RAW recalls. I haven't put mine back on it since the Stella & Chewy fiasco.

Thanks for posting this.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Agree with Ellie, what's up. Makes me feel better about not going back to raw too.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Can you explain to me why these raw recall make most people turn to kibble, like kibble hasn't had any recalls??? If a brand of kibble is recalled most people switch to another brand, but if raw is recalled you go back to kibble instead of another brand:hmm::anyone:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Can you explain to me why these raw recall make most people turn to kibble, like kibble hasn't had any recalls??? If a brand of kibble is recalled most people switch to another brand, but if raw is recalled you go back to kibble instead of another brand:hmm::anyone:

When Stella & Chewy's had a recall, so did just about every other RAW food company. At least the more popular ones that I'm able to get. The smaller companies are generally local to where they are.
It wasn't an easy choice to switch back to kibble.

Eventually though (once the house is done and I have the freezer room), I'll just do raw myself. But for now, kibble it is.. :(

eta: I think the reason they all had a recall was because they use the same manufacturing plants, so everyone got contaminated at the same time.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Luckily most contaminations are more dangerous to humans than our bullies....The products I use are mostly local and have had no recalls. Then again, our market in total is like a fly **** in the ocean compared to volume you have.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online