Help Needed! Choosing puppy food

miyuiki

Sep 23, 2015
Country
san francisco CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurjwan
Hello,

So I am having a hard time choosing food for my 8weeks old English bulldog. I am feeding him IAMS smart puppy 3 times a day but im thinking to switch.

I looked at the Dog Food Ratings page, but its hard to decide.

So what food do you recommend for a puppy?

thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

We fed Fromm Puppy Gold or Fromm Prairie red meat formula

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Welcome home !!!

You feed what you can and what ever works for your baby!! It's so hard sometimes to choose find what you have local or reach out to petflow.com ??
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] is a wealth of knowledge.

Any pictures

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi you really can't go wrong choosing one of the 4 to 6 Star foods, they are all good, but like HrsDiva said its best to choose a food that you can find in your area, one that you can afford, and that your bully tolerates. Sometimes it's a trial and error process until you find the right one. Some good examples of good quality food are Fromm's, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Arcana, Orijen, Go Natural, Natural Balance, or Natures Variety.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I also have a 8 week old just came home and have put her on GO , Chicken Turkey & Trout
Grain free Zero By-Products Puppy food
Seems to be working good so far
I feed three times a day and MUST keep My fingers away from the bowl as I put it down or loose em ! lol

OP
M

miyuiki

Sep 23, 2015
Country
san francisco CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurjwan
Hey, Thanks for all the great responses !
I live in San Francisco, is it true that they need a lot of protein and most of english bulldogs dont like chicken ?

cheers

BreakfastAtMe

Jun 21, 2015
North Dakota
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Churchill
I went with the grain free large breed puppy food from Nature's Variety Instinct. A little more expensive compared to other brands but not too bad on Amazon. Picking a food was a big debate for me and Churchill seems to doing well with it. He is almost 18 weeks and has been on it for about a month and a half. Three times a day with yogurt added on top for supper.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey, Thanks for all the great responses !
I live in San Francisco, is it true that they need a lot of protein and most of english bulldogs dont like chicken ?

cheers

Hi Miyuiki, it's not that EBs don't like chicken, most bullies like everything lol. It's that they either don't tolerate it or they are allergic to chicken. Many bullies are very sensitive and can be allergic to many things in the food as well such as corn, grains, and other fillers, and they can also be allergic to things in their environment both indoors and outside. Things they can be sensitive to inside is cleaners, laundry soaps, shampoos, flea treatments and powders, or carpet deodorizers, things that can cause allergies outside are some of the same things that we can be allergic to like bug bites, wasps or bee stings, grasses, trees, and pollen.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There are many good puppy formulas our there. If you looked at the list, you can then check out the brand and see what they offer puppies.

Meat is good. Dogs are carnivores so you definitely want a kibble with a lot of animal protein.

When one of mine was a puppy, I fed him Fromm Puppy formula in the Blue bag. It's the large breed puppy formula for dogs that will be over 50lbs when they're fully grown.

OP
M

miyuiki

Sep 23, 2015
Country
san francisco CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurjwan
This is what I bought Orijen Grain-Free Puppy Dry Dog Food 15 lbs.

Hope hes going to like it.

michaelsbroly

Nov 20, 2015
Hempstead, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Broly
This is what I bought Orijen Grain-Free Puppy Dry Dog Food 15 lbs.

Hope hes going to like it.

I am also looking to change my puppy food From Blue and am in between Fromms puppy gold large breed & Orijen Large breed puppy. How is the Orijen working for your little guy? Im assuming its been around 2 months with that food if you had success with it? Please do share your experiance with it so far, my little guy is 8 weeks as well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.