Bones from the butcher

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
I was thinking of doing peanut butter or pumpkin!!! Haven't heard of cream cheese but I'll give it a try.
:D

I was just scared that once it was stripped clean it would attract bacteria
But if I rinse it and fill it, it should be fine.
And I'm close to a really good butcher so he will have fresh ones all the time.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
When we butcher our cattle I always get the knuckle bones and large leg marrow bones back and let the girls knawl on them. They are really large and the butchers have them. Just ask for the large ones they are unable to get into their jaws and no small ones. I use to get antlers but they so expensive so I started giving them raw (always raw) marrow bones and once we moved some of our cattle to Arizona we started giving them the knuckle bones. They have some that are two years old in great shape still. Good luck!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was thinking of doing peanut butter or pumpkin!!! Haven't heard of cream cheese but I'll give it a try.
:D

I was just scared that once it was stripped clean it would attract bacteria
But if I rinse it and fill it, it should be fine.
And I'm close to a really good butcher so he will have fresh ones all the time.

if you do pumkin, give that outside or on floor you can clean.... as it warms/melts.... very messy :) As is yogurt, won't do that one again

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Thanks - I never have and would never give raw hide to any of my dogs those things should be banned :) she has lots of nyla bones but with them being hard I always worry about her teeth, I just want to get her something that she could chew on where I don't have to worry about her teeth or anything splintering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawhides are a no go in our house

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.