Help Needed! Bulldog Puppy Feeding/Toilet Habits

MassLambresa

Sep 8, 2015
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Vivi
I have recently purchased a beautiful Bulldog puppy girl who is now about 10 weeks old. She has settled in very well and is also very well toilet trained but I have recently been having issues with her going more often than she used too even though I have not changed her feeding routine or amount.

I am currently feeding her Lamb & Tripe 4 times a day at around 08:30, 13:00, 18:00 & 22:00 with water available until around 21:30. I also give her puppy milk once or twice a day. She was fed kibble by the breeder on the odd occasion but was brought off it before i picked her up. I have tried kibble twice myself but have decided to stop using this until I get more advice.

At first she would poo maybe once during the night but sometimes not at all but over the last 3/4 days it has been numerous times during the night. During the day also she will go much more often then usual and a lot of the time she will produce less more often rather than more less often. It also seems to be softer then before but not runny diarrhea.

Has anyone else had the same problems with their puppy's (not necessarily bulldog)?

Any recommendations of how to help prevent/fix this would be much appreciated :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I'm going to tag some members w/more experience feeding raw… I have only used the raw patties!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I haven't had this problem with my pups, but at ten weeks I would not give puppy milk and also only meat and tripe sounds like she's missing quite a lot of nutrients. If you wan't to feed raw may I suggest that you buy those ready made patties for your pup.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sorry, I have only fed Tyson the raw patties, commercially made. Never did the raw on my own. I wish I could help ... I will add that Tyson did really well on raw, and his poops actually decreased in size, and he went from twice a day - to once a day.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Mine was around a year old when I switched him to raw so can't offer advice on a puppy.
But like [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] said, it doesn't sound like she's getting all her nutrients, so pre-made raw may be the way to go.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I don't have any experience with raw, we feed kibble, but I would maybe try reducing her feedings to 3 times a day, rather than 4, sometimes over feeding can cause more frequent poops and can also cause runny poops.

OP
M

MassLambresa

Sep 8, 2015
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Vivi
Thank you all for the replies, always appreciated :)

I went in to the local pet supplies shop yesterday and had a good long chat with the nutritionist and have now purchased the ready made frozen patties to add into the food I currently have and to use in the future. Fingers crossed it works well :cool:

Most Reactions