I Finally Made the Switch

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
As many of you know, Merrick is now under the Nestle Purina name which is pretty sad. I sent them an email regarding my dissatisfaction and began my search for another high quality food. I decided to go with Nature's Variety Instinct with Raw Boost (Venison and Lamb). Goob seems to love it and he hasn't had any tummy issues since I started the transition. They only thing is....the price! haha It is practically double the price of Merrick for the same size bag. But, we buy his food about once a month and no matter the cost, Goob is getting the best we can give him.

Has anyone else tried this food? Or are there any other Merrick feeders that have made the switch???

P.S. He also got a new chair this weekend;)
GetAttachment.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That's a great food! Tyson was on NVI Limited Ingredients for a while. I'm currently researching what to put him on next. Boy has allergies like no ones business. Glad Good is doing well on the new food, and it looks like he's digging his new chair. :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awww, Goob is too cute sitting in his chair! That is great to hear that the food transition is going well. We used to buy the Merrick wet food for Frank for various reasons but not any more. We just used to supplement his Fromm dry food so no big change there.

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
That's a great food! Tyson was on NVI Limited Ingredients for a while. I'm currently researching what to put him on next. Boy has allergies like no ones business. Glad Good is doing well on the new food, and it looks like he's digging his new chair. :)

Luckily for me, Goob is allergy free...as far as I know. I think he might have a beef allergy but I'm not 100% sure. I just stay away from it to be safe.

Yes, Mr. President loves to sit in his executive chair.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HAHA!! The Chief has a new chair! I love it, I had a feeling that when Purina took them over the sticker shock to a lot of Merrick feeders would be felt. I just wished Purina would have kept to themselves. The good thing about Fromms is you don't have to do the big wait between trying out new flavors which is wonderful.

The Goob looks great!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE the King in his new chair!!

Good luck with the new food.... I heard great things about NVI

Members online

No members online now.