g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I started off this way with Ruckus and now we grill special unseasoned meat for him when we grill for ourselves. I give him and Regina natural foods, like meat, fruits, veggies, some yogurt, etc. I just think a kibble only diet would get boring, and kibble has meat, veggies, etc as ingredients. Once in a while I'll give Ruckus a lick of an ice cream cone, but the only processed food he manages to get is when I visit my family and my nieces and nephews drop scraps by accident or sometimes I think on purpose. You're not a tyrant, just worried about allergies!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I've been reading through several of the threads and have noticed that many bullies occasionally get human food of some sort (not fruits/veggies/or homemade food), like table scraps or parts of whatever mom or dad is cooking.

Now, I feel like a tyrant. Goob has NEVER, NEVER been given any food from the table or from the fridge (except for when he needs a bland diet). I don't give this little guy anything. I am so worried that it will upset his stomach, trigger an allergy, or the food might be too sugary that it makes him sick somehow.

I also tell my husband and family to never EVER give him food while they're eating. As a result, Goob doesn't beg for food. He doesn't sit by our feet or whine for anything. I am so proud of him for this but now I feel like a warden! I just know that if I give him an inch, he will take a mile. Huh...it's hard being the bad cop sometimes. The sad part is, once in a while, Goob gives me the "I know you're eating something" face with his head in my lap and I tell him, "You wish big boy. Your puppy eyes don't work on me!" Am I a monster?:eek:

View attachment 90151 View attachment 90152 View attachment 90153 View attachment 90154 View attachment 90155 View attachment 90156

I WANT YOUR DOG! His face reminds me so much of Chumly, different colour but the expressions are the same.

My boys don't get any human food at all apart from what goes in with their dinner or as a treat, i.e. green beans or blueberries etc. Never anything when we are eating so I don't think you are a tyrant at all!.

Most Reactions