2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He did good last night other than going more frequently and it was more solid and less orange. He hasn't went since I fed him at 730 but seems to be feeling well because he has slept little and played a lot which isn't the norm for him. He usually eats then sleeps for 2 hrs after a walk. Luckily I am home all day today so I will keep a good eye on him. He has never let me know when he has to go out Ive just had to watch him but now he does tell me when he has already went which is new and wide awakening at 4 am. :big laugh:

Thanks for asking

keep us posted.... fingers crossed!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Talked to the vet again this morning and was told his bowels would be loose for a week to ten days on new food but to watch for blood and to come in if I see any. He seems to be feeling well and is very playful now so I hope nothing all will be well.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well Chunky is back to having blood in his stools and his face gets more red as the day goes on. I am guessing he has food allergies or something. I am taking him to the vet in tomorrow anyway so I will see what they say.

I really thought he was doing better

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What does the Vet say? Is Chunky going to be ok? Give him hugs and kisses from me and Elmo Please.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Sorry for starting another thread on a subject that has been asked a lot. When I first bought Chunky a week ago the breeder had him on purina pro plan lamb and rice which is a small pup food which Petsmart says wasn't what I should feed him and they recommended Royal Canin puppy for bulldogs. His stools have always been on the loose side but now they are mushy. I have given him half purina/half royal canin 3/4 cup 3 times per day for a week now but, I am two days away from being out of the purina i was given by the breeder. I also give him Blue wilderness treats when he uses the yard to go to pee/poop but he now shows no interest in the treats so i just praise him. Could the treats along with the change of food be causing his troubles? I also see that many of you have taken your dogs off of royal canin, is this because it also didn't work well with your dogs?

There is a store located 20 minutes or so from me that sales fromm and Orijen should I switch to one of these?

Chunky is 13 weeks and 17.4lbs :mansfriend:

I used RC:BD Mix for about 6 months and it worked out pretty well, but it's not a great food for your Bulldog. If you don't mind spending more money I'd recommend Fromms as others have said before me. I stopped getting fromms and recently switched to Taste of the wild and we've been really happy with it and it saves us some $$$ as well. If stools are generally loose you can put some canned pumkin in his food. I also used Firm up since it's easier to open and close and doesnt spoil as fast :)

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I used RC:BD Mix for about 6 months and it worked out pretty well, but it's not a great food for your Bulldog. If you don't mind spending more money I'd recommend Fromms as others have said before me. I stopped getting fromms and recently switched to Taste of the wild and we've been really happy with it and it saves us some $$$ as well. If stools are generally loose you can put some canned pumkin in his food. I also used Firm up since it's easier to open and close and doesnt spoil as fast :)

I switched him off the royal canin and put him on Orijen puppy about 3 weeks ago. I think part of his problem is he will eat anything he can get in his mouth. I think he has possibly ate some flower, leaf or insect of some kind that has upset his stomach again. I chase him around taking stuff out of his mouth every time he is outside.

I already had an appointment with the vet for him tomorrow so I will see what they say.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
What does the Vet say? Is Chunky going to be ok? Give him hugs and kisses from me and Elmo Please.

I go in the morning and thanks Chunky says thanks for the Hugs and kisses.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I switched him off the royal cabin and put him on Orijen puppy about 3 weeks ago. I think part of his problem is he will eat anything he can get in his mouth. I think he has possibly ate some flower, leaf or insect of some kind that has upset his stomach again. I chase him around taking stuff out of his mouth overtime he is outside.

I already had an appointment with the vet for him tomorrow so I will see what they say.

Sounds like a typical bulldog :) Anytime I bring Boris over to my parents house he eats all the flowers off their stems and my mother gets really upset. He also really enjoys rolling over them until they're flat against the ground. I let my parents watch him this last weekend while I attended a wedding and when i picked him up my mother commented on how he will continuously eat sticks if not watched. We went home and Boris didnt move all night, the next day he pooped and his stool was 50% sticks and the rest was a collar from a T shirt.... I have a feeling I will not be using my parents for dog watching anymore ^^

It's an old picture, but here's Boris attempting to knock the hanging basket off it's hook so he can eat the flowers (notice the tramped bushes to the left)
0IlHlH3.jpg

Best of luck at the Vet looing forward to hearing an update! Chunky is a good lookin pup!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sounds like a typical bulldog :) Anytime I bring Boris over to my parents house he eats all the flowers off their stems and my mother gets really upset. He also really enjoys rolling over them until they're flat against the ground. I let my parents watch him this last weekend while I attended a wedding and when i picked him up my mother commented on how he will continuously eat sticks if not watched. We went home and Boris didnt move all night, the next day he pooped and his stool was 50% sticks and the rest was a collar from a T shirt.... I have a feeling I will not be using my parents for dog watching anymore ^^

It's an old picture, but here's Boris attempting to knock the hanging basket off it's hook so he can eat the flowers (notice the tramped bushes to the left)

View attachment 90638

Best of luck at the Vet looing forward to hearing an update! Chunky is a good lookin pup!

Thats a cool pic of two good looking dogs. Chunky will bite limbs off bushes as we walk by and keep walking like he never did anything. Crazy dog :gimmefood:

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Figured this would fit here since chunky is sick from possibly eating something he shouldn't have.
crbc150824.gif

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Charlie was on the Orijen puppy food but had the exact same issues with loose poos etc...it really was a frustrating experience. We switched to their parent company, Acana and their Pork and Butternut squash with a half mix of Acanas Pacifica fish kibble-a little boiled turkey, a teaspoon of real pumpkin and some coconut oil. The results were immediate. Charlie is pooping like a champ! I've never been so happy to scoop poop and his coat is crazy smooth, no gas and a clean bum.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Matt, you can freeze real pumpkin in ice cube trays then keep in
freezer in plastic zip lock bags & use as needed :)

Members online

No members online now.