Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New pup having loose bowels. Need help

Quote Originally Posted by My Otis View Post
    What does the Vet say? Is Chunky going to be ok? Give him hugs and kisses from me and Elmo Please.

I go in the morning and thanks Chunky says thanks for the Hugs and kisses.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boris Bullski
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I switched him off the royal cabin and put him on Orijen puppy about 3 weeks ago. I think part of his problem is he will eat anything he can get in his mouth. I think he has possibly ate some flower, leaf or insect of some kind that has upset his stomach again. I chase him around taking stuff out of his mouth overtime he is outside.

I already had an appointment with the vet for him tomorrow so I will see what they say.
    Sounds like a typical bulldog Anytime I bring Boris over to my parents house he eats all the flowers off their stems and my mother gets really upset. He also really enjoys rolling over them until they're flat against the ground. I let my parents watch him this last weekend while I attended a wedding and when i picked him up my mother commented on how he will continuously eat sticks if not watched. We went home and Boris didnt move all night, the next day he pooped and his stool was 50% sticks and the rest was a collar from a T shirt.... I have a feeling I will not be using my parents for dog watching anymore ^^

It's an old picture, but here's Boris attempting to knock the hanging basket off it's hook so he can eat the flowers (notice the tramped bushes to the left)
    -0ilhlh3-jpg

Best of luck at the Vet looing forward to hearing an update! Chunky is a good lookin pup!

3. Likes Texas Carol, TyTysmom liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoimangos View Post
    Sounds like a typical bulldog Anytime I bring Boris over to my parents house he eats all the flowers off their stems and my mother gets really upset. He also really enjoys rolling over them until they're flat against the ground. I let my parents watch him this last weekend while I attended a wedding and when i picked him up my mother commented on how he will continuously eat sticks if not watched. We went home and Boris didnt move all night, the next day he pooped and his stool was 50% sticks and the rest was a collar from a T shirt.... I have a feeling I will not be using my parents for dog watching anymore ^^

It's an old picture, but here's Boris attempting to knock the hanging basket off it's hook so he can eat the flowers (notice the tramped bushes to the left)

-0ilhlh3-jpg

Best of luck at the Vet looing forward to hearing an update! Chunky is a good lookin pup!
    Thats a cool pic of two good looking dogs. Chunky will bite limbs off bushes as we walk by and keep walking like he never did anything. Crazy dog

Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Figured this would fit here since chunky is sick from possibly eating something he shouldn't have.
    -crbc150824-gif

6. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Charlie was on the Orijen puppy food but had the exact same issues with loose poos etc...it really was a frustrating experience. We switched to their parent company, Acana and their Pork and Butternut squash with a half mix of Acanas Pacifica fish kibble-a little boiled turkey, a teaspoon of real pumpkin and some coconut oil. The results were immediate. Charlie is pooping like a champ! I've never been so happy to scoop poop and his coat is crazy smooth, no gas and a clean bum.

8. Likes Texas Carol, Chunky White liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoimangos View Post
    I used RC:BD Mix for about 6 months and it worked out pretty well, but it's not a great food for your Bulldog. If you don't mind spending more money I'd recommend Fromms as others have said before me. I stopped getting fromms and recently switched to Taste of the wild and we've been really happy with it and it saves us some $$$ as well. If stools are generally loose you can put some canned pumkin in his food. I also used Firm up since it's easier to open and close and doesnt spoil as fast

Matt, you can freeze real pumpkin in ice cube trays then keep in
    freezer in plastic zip lock bags & use as needed

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

10. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Melton View Post
    Charlie was on the Orijen puppy food but had the exact same issues with loose poos etc...it really was a frustrating experience. We switched to their parent company, Acana and their Pork and Butternut squash with a half mix of Acanas Pacifica fish kibble-a little boiled turkey, a teaspoon of real pumpkin and some coconut oil. The results were immediate. Charlie is pooping like a champ! I've never been so happy to scoop poop and his coat is crazy smooth, no gas and a clean bum.
    Thanks, i will see what the vet recommends today and will switch again and hopefully he will do well with the new food. Whats the reason for the mix of flavors?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

No real reason other than what benefits may come from the fish....he's a consumption machine, it could be a horse turd and I don't think he'd mind...

13. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

The vet says he looks good and that as long as the blood in the stool is bright red not to worry that he probably ate too much grass or something else since he was doing better for a few weeks. No heart trouble or anything else.

15. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I am keeping chunky on Orijen puppy for now but, started adding pumpkin to his food and now his Poo schedule has changed. He is not going right after I feed him now and didn't go last night. He went first thing this morning but hasn't all day now. Is this the new normal or is he possibly constipated?

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Opie
    Likes (Received)

You've gotten great advice but I'll just throw some more words in as well.
    Opies stool was lose when we got him and switched his food multiple times as a puppy till we finally got something he agreed with. We personally like Blue products. We put him on blue wilderness puppy and his stool was not firming at all and was actually worse. Ended up that food was a little too rich for him. We than put him on blue sensitive and he has been thriving off that ever since.
    Also as mentioned over feeding can result in loose stool, we actually over fed Opie to the point he had explosive diarrhea, and that was only adding 1/2 cup more.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I am keeping chunky on Orijen puppy for now but, started adding pumpkin to his food and now his Poo schedule has changed. He is not going right after I feed him now and didn't go last night. He went first thing this morning but hasn't all day now. Is this the new normal or is he possibly constipated?
    I scanned through the thread to see, but I may have missed it.... which protein are you feeding and how much at each meal? Also, how much pumpkin are you giving... pure pumpkin, right?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads