Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I switched Dozer and Blossom to Fromms Lamb and Lentil about 9 months ago, and they were doing well, but now Dozer is showing signs of allergies again. He's licking his paws until they're soaked and soggy, his eyes are goopy again, his nose is dry, and he's scratching at his neck and ears. I'm running out of protein options in the Fromms food, he's allergic to chicken, salmon, beef and now the lamb, and we've also tried the Pork and peas. I don't know what I should switch him to or which brand of food would be a good choice for his allergies. He had been on the Fromms Beef Frittata for 2 years before showing any symptoms. I feel so bad for him because he must be miserable with all his itches and licking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you tried the game bird.... there is no chicken in it. It is duck and pheasant, I think

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Darn food allergies! It stinks too, how fast some bullies develop symptoms
when they were doing well ;( Hoping Fromm's Game Bird will work for him
per Christine's suggestion. Let us know, Honey...big hugs to you & loveys!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Sorry to hear Dozer is having problems. I was just wondering if you are sure that they are related to food? Castor on and off licks his paws and scratches himself the way you describe but we have put that down to stress and hormones. In periods (when there are females in heat, I guess), Castor patrols the neighbourhood like a bloodhound, nose against ground. He sniffs at every patch of grass, and then when we come home, he will spend quite some time licking his front legs, as if he's reliving the scent experience. Sometimes that licking leads to scratching.

I suppose Dozer is neutered, but could he still react to scents in a way that triggers the licking and scratching?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you, I'll have to give it a try. Is it also grain free? How is Lambeau doing on it?

Pisspot is doing well.... He is 48 lbs of clumsiness-- too funny

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.