cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is a very disappointing merge! I don't understand the story though where it says,
The transaction is expected to be completed over the next several months.After that, Merrick will continue to operate as an independent business. :huh:

I have switched to Earthborn Holistic, thinking I would go back to Merrick someday but now I think I will stick with Earthborn.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I couldn't believe it either… how disappointing. Henny I gave Roxie Earthborn and she did fantastic on it, it's a great food!!! [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
This is a very disappointing merge! I don't understand the story though where it says,
The transaction is expected to be completed over the next several months.After that, Merrick will continue to operate as an independent business. :huh:

I have switched to Earthborn Holistic, thinking I would go back to Merrick someday but now I think I will stick with Earthborn.

I think it just means they're a subsidiary.
So they'll operate independently of Purina. But Purina is ultimately still in control.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Not good!
"Merrick will continue to operate as an independent business. According to Purina, no changes are planned for Merrick’s management or operations." caught my eye too....According to Purine their own brands are great food, so you know you can't trust them...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Seems as if they are all slowly give in...Purina & the like
must be buying up their quality competition. Not good
news that options are shrinking to feed quality kibble.
That link a member posted a few weeks ago about the
true quality food out of all the top ranked brands was
eye opening and truly sad, so very few nutritious and
affordable ones to feed our beloveds.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I know raw food isn't without risks, but it brought a smile on my face this morning when I prepared my boys food...Voitto's menu today is reindeer organs, horse liver, tripe, sauerkraut and fish oil. I also know my suppliers and trust them 100%.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
Yikes. We've had Effie on Merrick Puppy Recipe for quite some time now. We had plans to switch her to Earthborn Holistic, but then she hurt her leg. She was on a lot of medications, and I didn't think it would be wise to switch her food over, when we were already dealing with the stress of her injury. Now that she's healed, and out of her splint we are definitely going to go ahead and make the change. Even though it states that Merrick will continue to operate independently, ultimately Purina is in charge- and I don't like that. At any given point couldn't they instruct Merrick to change what they're doing? Not worth it to me. Earthborn Holistic is supposed to be an awesome food, and I'm sure Effie will love it :)

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
I have to say I'm not thrilled - we started Tiberius out on Merrick when we brought him home and since Purina has bought them out (even though they say it won't change the way it's made) I'm worried about the changes that could happen. So we are looking into other brand options for our pup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Yikes...I guess it's time to look for an alternative. This is disappointing bc Goob has done so well on this food and he loves it. What a shame.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online