Switching dog foods. Any recommendations?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Currently feeding my dogs Fromms grain free. We have tried all flavors and Jovi particularly is very hard to feed. She shows no interest in eating... EVER. So I think maybe it's just the food? (nothing is wrong with her, as she goes to the vets regularly) she just doesn't care I guess... And Tali now who LOVES to eat all of a sudden doesn't want to eat her food. I think they may just be over this brand. So I want another high quality dog food. I think I want obviously the grain free, but I also want limited ingredients. Jovi has been scratch NON STOP and chewing at her paw so she may be allergic to something. I generally give her Benedryl but doing that three times a day is a pain. Does anybody know a good quality limited ingredient dog food? I actually was going to try Merrick, but then I heard it got bought out by Purina which is a HUGE HECK NO! :p

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie has always done well on Orijen Six Fish. She loves it, but she would eat anything. I don't know how limited the ingredients are though.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We just put Tyson on Orijen Six Fish - about 2 weeks ago, he loves it. Stinks, but he loves it :)

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Check out Dogfoodadvisor.com. Any time I have considered a brand of food, I look it up to make sure it has over 4 stars. The website also gives you a complete listing of ingredients.

My babies eat Taste of the Wild, Bison.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I used Earthborn Holistic for my boxer and she absolutely loved it!!! Wally eats Fromm's but if his tear stains don't clear up, I may give it a try w/him.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
We feed Merrick right now, and just heard about the Purina buy out. We're switching Effie over to Earthborn Holistic. They're a great company that uses awesome ingredients, and have never had any recalls :)

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
You don't need to necessarily change foods. Why don't you try buying some Tripett and mixing it with the Fromm's? Or putting some broth or goats milk or something to make it a bit more exciting? Even coconut oil or salmon oil is enough sometimes.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I recently, switched to Canidae bison flavor from Taste of the Wild. Canidae appears to be helping Pork chop digest better. I noticed , a difference in her. Canidae is more expensive than TOFW.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.