Fromm Surf and Turf - confused!

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
Okay so from recommendations in here, I decided to switch my 10 week old puppy from the Tractor supply puppy food he was on to the Fromm surf and turf. A. I want to make sure it's okay to do this vs going to the Puppy Gold first. B. I've been feeding him 3/4 -1 cup 3 x a day as I've seen recommended on here and based on how much he's wanting to eat. But the back of the bag says only 1/2-1 1/3 cups a day. I'm very confused by this! Am I completely over feeding him?

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
My guys are grown , but they get a cup twice a day. One is 66 pounds and the other is around 44. Our girl is 48 lbs and not as active as our 44 pounder so she gets 7/8 cup twice a day. They are all maintains their healthy weights on this.

I was told iby my vet tech instructor to go by what's on the bag and know that the estimate on the bag tends to lean on the high side.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I fed Lambeau by this guideline.... Fromm Pairie Gold red meat till 7 mths which i went to Fromm Pork and Peas. Howeve, the four star line is all stages so yu can feed it from puppy to adult

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
You are right on target! My pups still get 3/4 cup 3x a day. Most food bags will also say on them that growing puppies may need more than the recommended amount listed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You're not over feeding him, is his poop solid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
You're not over feeding him, is his poop solid?

Yep poop is solid and I feel like he'd be starving itch that little food on he back of the bag. He's so hungry!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep poop is solid and I feel like he'd be starving itch that little food on he back of the bag. He's so hungry!

That's good, if he was being over fed his poop would be creamy or runny. Stick with your current program, maybe increase it a bit, each bully is different.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.