Prescription food or Fromms?

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
I just adopted Boomer but he has a problem. The owner told me had surgery because his bladder. I can't remember if she said his bladder burst or he had stones but he needs to wear a diaper when he is inside the house because he drips pee. He can't control that but he requires a prescription food. The prescription food as I read is to help reduce mineral build up that makes up the kidney stones. Is this really required? I want to give him Fromms because I think is so much helthier. I just don't want to hurt him in the long run. Maybe he was getting terrible food and that's what lead to his kidney stones? I haven't taken him to my vet yet. But I just bought a small 8.5lb bag for $35. It is very expensive but if he needs that for the rest of his life then I have no problem. I just want some input in this matter.

uploadfromtaptalk1437269056453.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... Congrats and thank you for giving him a new home! Of course the prescription food will help but there are alternatives. Talk with your vet and see what Boomer needs to avoid.....Fromm may or may not be the answer. Let us know after you have the info as there are members that can help and have dealt with bladder issues

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@rub504

If I were you, I would find out who the veterinarian was that did the surgery on Boomer, and speak to him/her about it. Perhaps you can find out some better info about
the cause or type of stones he actually had,and what to avoid in his diet. I would also ask that the report be sent to your vet,so that he is able to better treat him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.