Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our first bully. She's 6. Loose stools. Horrible gas. Shedding and some balding spots.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy Our first bully. She's 6. Loose stools. Horrible gas. Shedding and some balding spots.

She is very healthy. I have her receipts and info from previous owner from her last vet visit (5/15/15). It said everything was normal except for loose stools, she's too thin and something about alapecia and her paws. (The doctor's handwriting was hard to read). He has her on Blue wilderness chicken adult food, would switching food help? I've heard they have gas regularly but could also switching food help the smell any? She's 6 years old, we don't think she's spayed and it 46.1 lbs. help! We are brand new bully parents.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our first bully. She's 6. Loose stools. Horrible gas. Shedding and some balding spots.

Yes, a switch of her food could help, but do it slowly... do a bland diet for a few days till you get a new food and start mixing and slowly removing the bland diet. Add a table spoon of plain yogurt to help too.

Can you post pictures from above and we can see how she is built?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

3. Likes TyTysmom, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our first bully. She's 6. Loose stools. Horrible gas. Shedding and some balding spots.

Absolutely change food. A lot of Bullys have a chicken allergy. You might do better with a grain free limited ingredient food. Blue has one, I think the protein is turkey. Also, you can give a tablespoon of pure pumpkin, not the pie filling, and that might help with the loose stool. I agree with Christine, give a bland diet of boiled sirlion and rice for a week and then transtion slowly from that to whatever food you choose. Good luck, you have found the best place on earth for Bulldogs, and we warmly welcome you. P.S. We are a little crazy about pictures here, so you may want to post a few! lol
    My smooshy face boy!

5. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg

-image-jpg

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviakainu90 View Post
    -image-jpg

-image-jpg
    What a sweet face! I would say she looks good weight wise, but if you can (sorry) at some point get that angle, but with her standing. She just might be a small bully, we have a few members with bullies around 45 lbs
    e.

9. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

What a cutie!!! I would just like already mentioned, get her on a "grain free, chicken free food" - Blue makes them - just read the labels closely. Make sure its grain free and doesn't contain chicken. Do a slow transition on food, over about a week, slowly introducing the new food. Add some plain canned pumpkin to settle belly in change - you should see improvement within a few weeks after the food change, her body just had to get rid of the old food fully. I am sure that the no grans, etc will help the gas and shedding alot!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

11. Likes 2BullyMama, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg

-image-jpg

Here are some more pics. I'm definitely a worry wart I fear the worst and because we are new with this breed and I've read so much I just want to make sure she's super healthy and is getting the best. How do y'all feel about Orijen dog food? That's what I give my cats and I love it and would like to get both dogs on it as well. Also her right eye looks red...is this normal? I am bringing her to my vet on the first even though she was just at her vet in May. Also any recommendations on a good shampoo? Her previous owner said they used hurts bees? Is this ok or should she be using something better? I have so many questions and appreciate all your help! I'm also going to put a Tb of coconut oil in her food, good idea? Also any must haves I need to get for every day needs. I've read so many things like baby wipes, gold bond powder, stridex pads, lemon juice, desitin, coconut oil etc.

13. Likes TyTysmom, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg

-image-jpg

Here are some more pics. I'm definitely a worry wart I fear the worst and because we are new with this breed and I've read so much I just want to make sure she's super healthy and is getting the best. How do y'all feel about Orijen dog food? That's what I give my cats and I love it and would like to get both dogs on it as well. Also her right eye looks red...is this normal? I am bringing her to my vet on the first even though she was just at her vet in May. Also any recommendations on a good shampoo? Her previous owner said they used hurts bees? Is this ok or should she be using something better? I have so many questions and appreciate all your help! I'm also going to put a Tb of coconut oil in her food, good idea? Also any must haves I need to get for every day needs. I've read so many things like baby wipes, gold bond powder, stridex pads, lemon juice, desitin, coconut oil etc.

She looks great... size wise! Orijen is a really good food! I would hold off on the coconut oil for now.... too much change to the belly, wait till you get her food transitioned, then add that in. Burt's Bee is fine, I think someone here does use it... maybe Henny @cali baker

Baby wipes -- unscented --- great to clean wrinkles and butt
    Lemon juice -- only if she has a lot of phlegm build up -- a squirt to the mouth helps clear/break it up in the throat
    Gold Bond -- great for tail pockets
    e.

15. Likes TyTysmom, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg-image-jpg

Here are her little bald spots too

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive
    Likes (Received)

I can't thank y'all enough! Sorry for the question overload. I'm sure I'll have hundreds more lol

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg-image-jpg

Here are her little bald spots too
    I wouldn't worry too much on the tail , that can happen when they sit or rb against something. But her neck is odd, if you can leave her collar off in the house and se if that helps at all, but once she is on a better food that will hopefully help!
    e.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads