Our first bully. She's 6. Loose stools. Horrible gas. Shedding and some balding spots.

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
She is very healthy. I have her receipts and info from previous owner from her last vet visit (5/15/15). It said everything was normal except for loose stools, she's too thin and something about alapecia and her paws. (The doctor's handwriting was hard to read). He has her on Blue wilderness chicken adult food, would switching food help? I've heard they have gas regularly but could also switching food help the smell any? She's 6 years old, we don't think she's spayed and it 46.1 lbs. help! We are brand new bully parents.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, a switch of her food could help, but do it slowly... do a bland diet for a few days till you get a new food and start mixing and slowly removing the bland diet. Add a table spoon of plain yogurt to help too.

Can you post pictures from above and we can see how she is built?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Absolutely change food. A lot of Bullys have a chicken allergy. You might do better with a grain free limited ingredient food. Blue has one, I think the protein is turkey. Also, you can give a tablespoon of pure pumpkin, not the pie filling, and that might help with the loose stool. I agree with Christine, give a bland diet of boiled sirlion and rice for a week and then transtion slowly from that to whatever food you choose. Good luck, you have found the best place on earth for Bulldogs, and we warmly welcome you. P.S. We are a little crazy about pictures here, so you may want to post a few! lol

OP
O

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
image.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a cutie!!! I would just like already mentioned, get her on a "grain free, chicken free food" - Blue makes them - just read the labels closely. Make sure its grain free and doesn't contain chicken. Do a slow transition on food, over about a week, slowly introducing the new food. Add some plain canned pumpkin to settle belly in change - you should see improvement within a few weeks after the food change, her body just had to get rid of the old food fully. I am sure that the no grans, etc will help the gas and shedding alot!

OP
O

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
image.jpg

image.jpg

Here are some more pics. I'm definitely a worry wart I fear the worst and because we are new with this breed and I've read so much I just want to make sure she's super healthy and is getting the best. How do y'all feel about Orijen dog food? That's what I give my cats and I love it and would like to get both dogs on it as well. Also her right eye looks red...is this normal? I am bringing her to my vet on the first even though she was just at her vet in May. Also any recommendations on a good shampoo? Her previous owner said they used hurts bees? Is this ok or should she be using something better? I have so many questions and appreciate all your help! I'm also going to put a Tb of coconut oil in her food, good idea? Also any must haves I need to get for every day needs. I've read so many things like baby wipes, gold bond powder, stridex pads, lemon juice, desitin, coconut oil etc.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 88970

View attachment 88971

Here are some more pics. I'm definitely a worry wart I fear the worst and because we are new with this breed and I've read so much I just want to make sure she's super healthy and is getting the best. How do y'all feel about Orijen dog food? That's what I give my cats and I love it and would like to get both dogs on it as well. Also her right eye looks red...is this normal? I am bringing her to my vet on the first even though she was just at her vet in May. Also any recommendations on a good shampoo? Her previous owner said they used hurts bees? Is this ok or should she be using something better? I have so many questions and appreciate all your help! I'm also going to put a Tb of coconut oil in her food, good idea? Also any must haves I need to get for every day needs. I've read so many things like baby wipes, gold bond powder, stridex pads, lemon juice, desitin, coconut oil etc.

She looks great... size wise! Orijen is a really good food! I would hold off on the coconut oil for now.... too much change to the belly, wait till you get her food transitioned, then add that in. Burt's Bee is fine, I think someone here does use it... maybe Henny [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] :ponder:

Baby wipes -- unscented --- great to clean wrinkles and butt
Lemon juice -- only if she has a lot of phlegm build up -- a squirt to the mouth helps clear/break it up in the throat
Gold Bond -- great for tail pockets

OP
O

Oliviakainu90

Jul 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
I can't thank y'all enough! Sorry for the question overload. I'm sure I'll have hundreds more lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't thank y'all enough! Sorry for the question overload. I'm sure I'll have hundreds more lol

Ask away --- Like Jessica said --- a member has been there, we have info to help get you through or we will be here for moral support

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
View attachment 88970

View attachment 88971

Yes, yes, yes & yes. hee hee. Orijen is a great food, just go with anything other than chicken. All your other must haves, you got it! Those are all great and must haves. Add benadryl in there as well. And some destin, and witch hazel.

PS - She looks great! The skin will get better with the quality food, etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.