SBrewer

SBrewer

Jul 2, 2015
Yukon, Oklahoma
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop & Ribeye
Thank you so much Vikinggirl. Yes your babies do sound a lot like mine. I actually found the Food Rating List you mentioned Tuesday evening. I feel so bad because I actually thought we were feeding them something that was good for them. I started transitioning them over to Fromm Pork and Peas Tuesday and so far so good. They love it and don't seem to be having any tummy issues as of yet. I am extremely excited to get them fully transitioned over to the Fromm and to see the positive difference it will make. As also suggested by some of the others I've decided to forego any supplements until we find the food that is right for them. But I will definitely be keeping the Salmon Oil, Coconut Oil, Yogurt and ACV in mind in case it is needed later on down the road.

When my husband picked up the food Tuesday, the lady at the feed store recommended a few different grain-free natural treats and he did buy some of them and we've given them each a couple of them. It does, however, make sense to introduce them to something new once they've acclimated to their new food so as to rule out possible allergies to the food or to the treats should that be the case. I didn't even think about mentioning it in my original post and am embarrassed to admit it now but the biscuits that we had been giving them, they loved and would do anything for them (Ok they were Milkbones...please, please don't ban me yet!?). Anyway the lady at the feed store mentioned that it was highly likely that they were allergic to those as well. So those are gone and have been replaced with some others that she recommended that are, as mentioned above, all natural and grain-free. But sounds like we may want to save those for a bit.

I've only been a member of EBN for 3 days now and am extremely impressed with and grateful for all of the help I've received thus far. You guys seriously Rock!!!

-S

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you so much Vikinggirl. Yes your babies do sound a lot like mine. I actually found the Food Rating List you mentioned Tuesday evening. I feel so bad because I actually thought we were feeding them something that was good for them. I started transitioning them over to Fromm Pork and Peas Tuesday and so far so good. They love it and don't seem to be having any tummy issues as of yet. I am extremely excited to get them fully transitioned over to the Fromm and to see the positive difference it will make. As also suggested by some of the others I've decided to forego any supplements until we find the food that is right for them. But I will definitely be keeping the Salmon Oil, Coconut Oil, Yogurt and ACV in mind in case it is needed later on down the road.

When my husband picked up the food Tuesday, the lady at the feed store recommended a few different grain-free natural treats and he did buy some of them and we've given them each a couple of them. It does, however, make sense to introduce them to something new once they've acclimated to their new food so as to rule out possible allergies to the food or to the treats should that be the case. I didn't even think about mentioning it in my original post and am embarrassed to admit it now but the biscuits that we had been giving them, they loved and would do anything for them (Ok they were Milkbones...please, please don't ban me yet!?). Anyway the lady at the feed store mentioned that it was highly likely that they were allergic to those as well. So those are gone and have been replaced with some others that she recommended that are, as mentioned above, all natural and grain-free. But sounds like we may want to save those for a bit.

I've only been a member of EBN for 3 days now and am extremely impressed with and grateful for all of the help I've received thus far. You guys seriously Rock!!!

-S

You're welcome, these bullies are so sensitive to foods and changes, but you're on the right track.
If you want to give a great or reward them during the food transitioning, just give them a piece of their own kibble.

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
The poop!! So very true. I switched Charlotte to Fromm about a month ago, she loves the food, eats regularly ( she wasn't a great eater) and the Poop! So much less! I'm amazed( can you tell )....
One cup, twice per day and two small poops per day like clockwork. Yippppeeeeee

Members online

No members online now.