Has anyone tried Taste of the Wild?

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I wanted to change Tucker's diet because he is now recovering from a nasty yeast infection in his ears. Also, he has really smelly gas (is this normal?), so I was excited when I found Taste of the Wild High Prarie Puppy Formula today. Dog Food Advisor gave it 4 1/2 stars, but then I read reviews saying some dogs have had diarrhea and vomiting from the food. Does anyone have experience with TOTW?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
I have tried TOTW on my Frank for almost 2 years since he was a puppy and has been fine, I consider it a good food. However, I am experimenting now with Earthborn Holistic Bison and also bought a bag of Fromm Pork and Peas for a change. I live in Panama Central America and weather is very very hot and Frank has had hotspots a couple of times in the past 6 months and decided is time for a change of food.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have been feeding my dogs Taste of the Wild Pacific,for several years. So far all is well. So far no diarrhea or vomiting. I do give them a little bit each night before bed,too,with a tablespoon of yogurt. They very seldom have gas-unless they have eaten something outside that they shouldn't have!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
TOTW is a highly rated food, but only you will be able to see whether it is a good food for your bully. Many dogs are sensitive to certain ingredients, like chicken or potatoes. But as long as your dog does well on it, its a great fit for you. Give it at least a month to see how it goes.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks to all of you who replied. I feel better now. He got his first portion at supper tonight and had no compliants.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have never used it, but several peeps on here have, so hopefully they will chime in.

Gussesdad

Jul 6, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
New to forum and proud owner of 16 week old bully. Gus' breeder fed him TOTW and have had no problems. He gobbles it up like its the best thing in the world and so far happy and healthy

Sent from my iPhone

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Tried it and unfortunately my boys didn't do too well :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Both my bullies have done well on TOTW's Buffalo & Venison.
Cami, 2 years on it, has almost no gas, solid poops, loves it
and shiny, soft coat.

Both were adults so never tried the puppy formula. Good luck!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Henry has been on the TOTW fish, (I think it's pacific maybe?) adult for about 6 months and is doing great. There is a puppy formula but we've never used it. Same as [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] no gas good poo and no allergy signs. Beautiful coat and skin. Tear stains are much better but I have been giving him yogurt and coconut oil and that has made a huge difference. I stopped it for a bout a week and they got worse again.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry has been on the TOTW fish, (I think it's pacific maybe?) adult for about 6 months and is doing great. There is a puppy formula but we've never used it. Same as [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] no gas good poo and no allergy signs. Beautiful coat and skin. Tear stains are much better but I have been giving him yogurt and coconut oil and that has made a huge difference. I stopped it for a bout a week and they got worse again.

How much yogurt and coconut oil do you give him?

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
About a tablespoon of coconut oil and yogurt. I never determined which was helping more or if it's both. They're healthy so I give both all the time now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online