Tractor Supply Co 4Health

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
Anyone ever give their bullies this dog food? I'm am getting my first bulldog puppy in two weeks and the breeder has been feeding him this. It is grain free, soy free etc so I guessing it might be okay. Couldn't find it on the commended list. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There was a member that was feeding this and their bully did do well on it, but i cannot remember who it is. All bulldogs are different so he may be fine on it but he may not

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Eh, it's OK. There are worse foods out there.. but there are better ones too.

First six ingredients are:
Pork, beef meal, sweet potatoes, peas, garbanzo beans, potatoes which tells me it's a plant based kibble. I wouldn't mind so much, but 4 out the first 6 ingredients are peas, potatoes, etc. That's a very cheap way to fill and up the protein content.
I am not impressed.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Check out these sites for Dog food info too. The more you read about all the different foods, the more informed you will be and trust me, your head will be spinning soon!!! You will get excellent advice on here from a lot of bully owners and you will also find out that what may work for one bully, may not work for another so it is best to be as educated as you can be! I am certainly still learning.

Best Dog Food Reviews and Ratings of 2015 - Reviews.com

4Health Dog Food | Review and Rating

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Check out these sites for Dog food info too. The more you read about all the different foods, the more informed you will be and trust me, your head will be spinning soon!!! You will get excellent advice on here from a lot of bully owners and you will also find out that what may work for one bully, may not work for another so it is best to be as educated as you can be! I am certainly still learning.

Best Dog Food Reviews and Ratings of 2015 - Reviews.com

4Health Dog Food | Review and Rating

The review you linked for 4Health isn't the one he's thinking of getting. His is the grain free version. 4Health Grain Free Dog Food | Review and Rating
It scored 3.5 stars.. eh

The first link is awesome though, I have it bookmarked.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, you are right. It was more a guide to check the site in general though but I should have been more specific.

mo4xdamomma

Jan 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
I was told that all 4 health is grain free by the workers at tractor supply. Saying that I have had 2 bulldogs do REALLY well on it.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I was told that all 4 health is grain free by the workers at tractor supply. Saying that I have had 2 bulldogs do REALLY well on it.

Nope. They have chicken and rice, lamb and rice, salmon and potato (which contains barley) etc. Most are of their formulas are not grain free. Only the ones that say they're grain free are.

But it's good to hear that your two are doing well on it.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I've used it for years and they seem to do alright on it not any worse then Taste of the Wild or Fromm for my guys. I'm not 100% satisfied but that is my fault I need to do an allergy panel and I just haven't done it...

I will say his yeasty smell is getting lots better :Heart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would say if he does well on it, you found a winner. Only time will tell if it agrees with him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.