TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] shared a recipe for all natural frozen treats. Just wanted to post that I made these, and Tyson LOVES them! So great for summer time too since its so hot & humid out. I give him one when we come in as a treat every once in a while to help him cool down :) Not for everyday, but as a reward or special treat! I bought these XL ice cube trays off Amazon, so easy!

IMG_3006.JPGIMG_3007.JPGIMG_3009.JPG

Sharing here:

[FONT=\Trebuchet MS\, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 cups (32 fl oz/900 ml) plain, whole milk yogurt ( I used plain Greek yogurt)[/FONT]
[FONT=\]2 tbsp peanut butter[/FONT]
[FONT=\]3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed[/FONT]
[FONT=\]Blend all the ingredients to a purée in a food processor. [/FONT]
[FONT=\]Pour into 4-oz/115-g plastic cups. Freeze until firm. Pop the treat out of the cup and watch your dog enjoy![/FONT]

[FONT=\]Makes about 16 treats. [/FONT]

[FONT=\]Each one is 71 calories, 3 grams of protein, 3.1 grams of fat, 8.5 grams of carbs, and 2.9 grams of fiber.

[/FONT]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
yaay.. so glad he liked them!

to be honest, i think they sound good enough for us to eat too...lol..
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] where did you get those cute trays?

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
yaay.. so glad he liked them!

to be honest, i think they sound good enough for us to eat too...lol..

Bwhaha.. its so funny you say this because while I was making them, Danny came by and said "Ooooh what you making us" He should know by now, its more than likely for Tyson, LMAO. But I said.. hey, you can eat em' - he tried it before it was frozen and said it was good. Tyson LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Thank you so much for sharing!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Bwhaha.. its so funny you say this because while I was making them, Danny came by and said "Ooooh what you making us" He should know by now, its more than likely for Tyson, LMAO. But I said.. hey, you can eat em' - he tried it before it was frozen and said it was good. Tyson LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Thank you so much for sharing!

No problem. Saw it on FB. Once in a while someone posts an interesting recipe and I save it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE!!!! I tend to use watermelon as their summer time reward.... might have to try this -- who doesn't like peanut butter and banana!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@nycbullymama shared a recipe for all natural frozen treats. Just wanted to post that I made these, and Tyson LOVES them! So great for summer time too since its so hot & humid out. I give him one when we come in as a treat every once in a while to help him cool down :) Not for everyday, but as a reward or special treat! I bought these XL ice cube trays off Amazon, so easy!

View attachment 88347View attachment 88348View attachment 88349

Sharing here:

4 cups (32 fl oz/900 ml) plain, whole milk yogurt ( I used plain Greek yogurt)
2 tbsp peanut butter
3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
Blend all the ingredients to a purée in a food processor.
Pour into 4-oz/115-g plastic cups. Freeze until firm. Pop the treat out of the cup and watch your dog enjoy!

Makes about 16 treats.

Each one is 71 calories, 3 grams of protein, 3.1 grams of fat, 8.5 grams of carbs, and 2.9 grams of fiber.

thanks, I think Harvey needs to share this with me and he will just have to accept that.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I had a frozen banana in the freezer that I have just cut up. I give Tucker a piece of it once in the morning and then again in the evening. He seems to enjoy it :p

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I had a frozen banana in the freezer that I have just cut up. I give Tucker a piece of it once in the morning and then again in the evening. He seems to enjoy it :p

that's definitely the easy way of making treats..lol..

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@nycbullymama shared a recipe for all natural frozen treats. Just wanted to post that I made these, and Tyson LOVES them! So great for summer time too since its so hot & humid out. I give him one when we come in as a treat every once in a while to help him cool down :) Not for everyday, but as a reward or special treat! I bought these XL ice cube trays off Amazon, so easy!

View attachment 88347View attachment 88348View attachment 88349

Sharing here:

4 cups (32 fl oz/900 ml) plain, whole milk yogurt ( I used plain Greek yogurt)
2 tbsp peanut butter
3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
Blend all the ingredients to a purée in a food processor.
Pour into 4-oz/115-g plastic cups. Freeze until firm. Pop the treat out of the cup and watch your dog enjoy!

Makes about 16 treats.

Each one is 71 calories, 3 grams of protein, 3.1 grams of fat, 8.5 grams of carbs, and 2.9 grams of fiber.

I can see adding a popsicle stick to these, and serving them at a summer BBQ...like on the 4th of July?!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.