The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has been eating The Honest Kitchen for almost a year now with great success so we feel the time is right now to see how she handles kibble once again. So, today we started the transition back to Fromm's and we will see where it takes us. If she does well that's great. If not no biggie back to THK she will go. I definitely think she was excited though as she started blowing bubbles as soon as she saw the bag tonight so I know she remembers what it is. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH BOY! BEST of luck!!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
hey todd, is there a big difference in the price?
Yes. When you factor everything in for us feeding Honest Kitchen is between $80 to $120 a month depending on the animal protein which is the bulk of the cost as we were using exotics that would run an average of $10 per pound and using 2lbs a week as we used the base mix and not one with animal protein in it already. When we were using Fromm's before Harlea would get almost 3 months out of a 25lb bag so it was only costing about $27 a month.

Either way it is well worth the cost if you ask me as it is a great alternative to feeding full raw.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope that Harlea does well!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Yes. When you factor everything in for us feeding Honest Kitchen is between $80 to $120 a month depending on the animal protein which is the bulk of the cost as we were using exotics that would run an average of $10 per pound and using 2lbs a week as we used the base mix and not one with animal protein in it already. When we were using Fromm's before Harlea would get almost 3 months out of a 25lb bag so it was only costing about $27 a month.

Either way it is well worth the cost if you ask me as it is a great alternative to feeding full raw.

OK, hope she does well.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
OK, hope she does well.
The mixes they have with various animal proteins in it are much cheaper. Somewhere around $55 to $65 for a 7lb box that makes roughly 30 meals give or take a few.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope she does well on it.

mb190e

Feb 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno

I'm thinking about switching from taste of the wild to Fromm. I was concerned about the price, you're saying a 25 pound bag last 3 months? I'm currently feeding our dogs 1-1/2 cups of taste of the wild twice a day. I'm trying to remember, I think a 30 pound bag last between 4-6 weeks.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'm thinking about switching from taste of the wild to Fromm. I was concerned about the price, you're saying a 25 pound bag last 3 months? I'm currently feeding our dogs 1-1/2 cups of taste of the wild twice a day. I'm trying to remember, I think a 30 pound bag last between 4-6 weeks.
As you would expect feeding more pups it would not last as long. But yes Harlea only gets 1 cup twice a day and typically the bag will last between 2.5 and 3 months depending on who feeds her and if we use any for treats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online