Company Researches 2,200 Dog Food Formulas And Finds ONLY 119 To Be Satisfactory

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This just came up on my Facebook page so I thought I would share. I have always checked out Dog Food Advisor or Whole Dog Journal but I suppose another opinion on a food can't hurt.

The link to the full list didn't work at first but after a few tries, it did.

http://www.reviews.com/dog-food/

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Very interesting, not too many brands made the list...

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi, I looked at the list
. While I think there are many good dogs food companies, what has to be further considered, is if the brand is good for BULLDOGS ?

Good Day~

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great info.... I just shared it on Facebook too

thanks

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Good info and it looked like they did very thorough research. I also liked how they were up front with their methodology and had good explanations for selections. I had no idea that some of those brands had been bought by the larger corporations with shady practices and had undergone ingredient changes.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
Very interesting! We're currently feeding Merrick Puppy Recipe. We've been debating transitioning her to Earthborn Meadow Feast, because the Merrick puppy recipe has chicken in it, and Effie has such runny eyes and itchiness. I really like that Earthborn Meadow Feast has lamb as it's only protein, and it has no potato! This research definitely makes me feel more confident in switching.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Excellent article. I am glad to know Earthborn Holistic made it on the list. I have had my girls on it for several months now and neither of them has gas anymore. Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've been wanting to switch to Earthborn Holistics myself but this brand isn't readily available in the feed store I go to. Right now the boys are on Merrick limited ingredient Salmon and I need to read up on why Merrick didn't make the cut.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], We feed Merrick Puppy Recipe right now. The reason they were cut is because they've had recalls. The researchers explained in the article that they cut any brand whose had any recall, even if it was a voluntary recall made by the company themselves. We were actually thinking of transitioning Effie over to Merrick Lamb & Sweet Potato when she's close to running out of her current bag. But, I've read so many wonderful things about Earthborn Holistic, and they've never had any recalls. I think we've decided to transition over to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast (Lamb) instead.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great information & very useful information to think about.

Eye opening for many, to be sure and nice to see Fromm's
on the list.

As a disabled widow, living alone w/ no family to help, I'm
feeding the best I can & easiest to buy (for me). I buy at
Tractor Supply & TOTW Bison, and supplement with home
cooking. I'm looking for potato free tho as Cami seems to
be licking her front feet a bit. TOTW has had no recalls but
Diamond (owner co.) has had some in the past. We all must
do & feed the best quality we can especially for sensitive bullys.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@cali baker, We feed Merrick Puppy Recipe right now. The reason they were cut is because they've had recalls. The researchers explained in the article that they cut any brand whose had any recall, even if it was a voluntary recall made by the company themselves. We were actually thinking of transitioning Effie over to Merrick Lamb & Sweet Potato when she's close to running out of her current bag. But, I've read so many wonderful things about Earthborn Holistic, and they've never had any recalls. I think we've decided to transition over to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast (Lamb) instead.

thanks for the info on Merrick. I know overall they are a good food and I didn't read up on the specifics on why they were recalled in the past. I went ahead and bought a bag of the Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast Lamb to try out--got that through Petflow (thanks [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] for the heads up on buying it there)!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online