Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Hi guys I know this is a topic often talked about , what food is best for our besties but I would like your opinion regarding my Chumley
He does have itchy paws but no other signs of allergies but I do have to keep an eye on his weight
Chumley is 18 months old and I feed him dry black hawk chicken and rice 1 cup in the morning with a tablespoon of low fat Greek yoghurt and at night I also give a little less than a cup of dry black hawk chicken and rice with a cup of cook up I make up which consists of 4-5 steamed veg pumpkin,broc,zucchini carrot all fresh and frozen peas or beans with poached chicken breast , I am now wandering should I give chicken breast raw????
In the past I have given raw chicken as a treat and I think it softens his stools 😕

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You should try to get the rice/grains out of the diet as that can be part of the issue, but also it could be environmental... try using a cool wash cloth to wipe his paws when you come in from outside and see if the licking lessens.

also, you can give Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day to help too

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
You should try to get the rice/grains out of the diet as that can be part of the issue, but also it could be environmental... try using a cool wash cloth to wipe his paws when you come in from outside and see if the licking lessens.

also, you can give Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day to help too

Was about to post the same, Christine's got ya covered :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.