Thread: Fromm query

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Default Fromm query

I switched taco to fromms pork and peas, excellent results! I heard you can mix and match fromms food, so I tried beef frittata and veggies. He loves it, but started developing some spots on his elbows. Do I keep trying, or just go back to pork and peas?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fromm query

Stick with what works best for him. Esp if he's loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi did you switch him from another flavour of Fromms, or was it a different brand? If you switched from Fromms, you can transition between different flavours without having to do a slow transition, but if you switch from another brand, then it's best to do a slow transition over two weeks, and then it can take up to a month to see a improvement or benefits, as it can take this long for the old food to leave his system.

When your doing a slow switch, start with 2/3 of the old food mixed with 1/3 of the new food for a few days, then mix 1/2 old food with 1/2 of the new food for a few days, then mix 2/3 of the new food with 1/3 of the old food, and finally all new food. This will help with tummy issues and diarrhea.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Any of the four star line in Fromms you can switch… I give Wally the Beef and switch it up w/Pork and Peas. It's trial and error w/these guys…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

When you say 'veggie'. What did you mean? Chicken all Veg? If yes, that is not grain free, I think.
    with Banks Pork and Peas worked best, but I could also use Beef Frittata and Game Bird, but could not use Tunalini or Lamb and Lentil... Hives and or serious red eye with those two
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Stick with what works best for him. Esp if he's loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that's sound advice! I just wanted to give the dude some variety! It's the spice of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi did you switch him from another flavour of Fromms, or was it a different brand? If you switched from Fromms, you can transition between different flavours without having to do a slow transition, but if you switch from another brand, then it's best to do a slow transition over two weeks, and then it can take up to a month to see a improvement or benefits, as it can take this long for the old food to leave his system.

When your doing a slow switch, start with 2/3 of the old food mixed with 1/3 of the new food for a few days, then mix 1/2 old food with 1/2 of the new food for a few days, then mix 2/3 of the new food with 1/3 of the old food, and finally all new food. This will help with tummy issues and diarrhea.
    Fromms to fromms, no different food.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Any of the four star line in Fromms you can switch… I give Wally the Beef and switch it up w/Pork and Peas. It's trial and error w/these guys…
    Yeah, it was pork and peas to the beef frittata. I guess we will just go back to p&p.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    When you say 'veggie'. What did you mean? Chicken all Veg? If yes, that is not grain free, I think.
    with Banks Pork and Peas worked best, but I could also use Beef Frittata and Game Bird, but could not use Tunalini or Lamb and Lentil... Hives and or serious red eye with those two
    I thought the beef frittata was beef frittata and veggies? Maybe I got that wrong. I guess the answer is stick with what's working!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post

Remove Ads