Fromm query

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I switched taco to fromms pork and peas, excellent results! I heard you can mix and match fromms food, so I tried beef frittata and veggies. He loves it, but started developing some spots on his elbows. Do I keep trying, or just go back to pork and peas?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Stick with what works best for him. Esp if he's loving it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi did you switch him from another flavour of Fromms, or was it a different brand? If you switched from Fromms, you can transition between different flavours without having to do a slow transition, but if you switch from another brand, then it's best to do a slow transition over two weeks, and then it can take up to a month to see a improvement or benefits, as it can take this long for the old food to leave his system.

When your doing a slow switch, start with 2/3 of the old food mixed with 1/3 of the new food for a few days, then mix 1/2 old food with 1/2 of the new food for a few days, then mix 2/3 of the new food with 1/3 of the old food, and finally all new food. This will help with tummy issues and diarrhea.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Any of the four star line in Fromms you can switch… I give Wally the Beef and switch it up w/Pork and Peas. It's trial and error w/these guys…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When you say 'veggie'. What did you mean? Chicken all Veg? If yes, that is not grain free, I think.
with Banks Pork and Peas worked best, but I could also use Beef Frittata and Game Bird, but could not use Tunalini or Lamb and Lentil... Hives and or serious red eye with those two

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Stick with what works best for him. Esp if he's loving it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's sound advice! I just wanted to give the dude some variety! It's the spice of life!

Hi did you switch him from another flavour of Fromms, or was it a different brand? If you switched from Fromms, you can transition between different flavours without having to do a slow transition, but if you switch from another brand, then it's best to do a slow transition over two weeks, and then it can take up to a month to see a improvement or benefits, as it can take this long for the old food to leave his system.

When your doing a slow switch, start with 2/3 of the old food mixed with 1/3 of the new food for a few days, then mix 1/2 old food with 1/2 of the new food for a few days, then mix 2/3 of the new food with 1/3 of the old food, and finally all new food. This will help with tummy issues and diarrhea.

Fromms to fromms, no different food.

Any of the four star line in Fromms you can switch… I give Wally the Beef and switch it up w/Pork and Peas. It's trial and error w/these guys…

Yeah, it was pork and peas to the beef frittata. I guess we will just go back to p&p.

When you say 'veggie'. What did you mean? Chicken all Veg? If yes, that is not grain free, I think.
with Banks Pork and Peas worked best, but I could also use Beef Frittata and Game Bird, but could not use Tunalini or Lamb and Lentil... Hives and or serious red eye with those two

I thought the beef frittata was beef frittata and veggies? Maybe I got that wrong. I guess the answer is stick with what's working!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.