Advice Dog Food

RayRay311

Jun 10, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty
Hey guys looking for some advice on food for my dog. He is 1yr old and eating adult food. I have been feeding him Royal Canin but he seems to not be wanting to really eat it anymore. I know there is alot better foods out there but im iffy about feeding some new stuff that i dont know much about. Can you guys recommend some healthy protein full foods?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey Ray :) I moved your post over to the food & nutrition area so you get the most replies in response to your question :)

Royal Canin isn't a terrible food, but there is definitely some better quality foods out there. With bullies the 2 things you really wanna focus on are - Grain free diets, and try to stay away from chicken. It tends to be a very common allergen for many. Here's an excellent link that shows you dogs foods & their ratings! A lot of members here feed Fromms, Taste of the wild, Orijen...

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News
I'd go with a 4 star or higher if at all possible. We're all here to help! Welcome again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Ray :) I moved your post over to the food & nutrition area so you get the most replies in response to your question :)

Royal Canin isn't a terrible food, but there is definitely some better quality foods out there. With bullies the 2 things you really wanna focus on are - Grain free diets, and try to stay away from chicken. It tends to be a very common allergen for many. Here's an excellent link that shows you dogs foods & their ratings! A lot of members here feed Fromms, Taste of the wild, Orijen...

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News
I'd go with a 4 star or higher if at all possible. We're all here to help! Welcome again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:up:

Yea -- RC is not good.... check the list and find something 4* or higher We feed Fromm Pork and Peas and both of my pups do well on it

OP
R

RayRay311

Jun 10, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty
Definitely am looking into other foods thanks guys for the help. We really appreciate it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.