Fromm Sweet Potatoe & Duck

Coach

Dec 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel
Anyone have an issue with this food? We recently bought a bag and Herschel seemed to do ok with it the first couple of days. Days 3 and 4 he has been having the runs at night, very watery. He eats early in the morning so I would have thought a digestive issue would happen in the afternoon. He normally eats chicken ala veg and beef frittata, along with a nibble in the other dogs bowls. He has never seemed to have issues with any food. May not be this food but just troubleshooting right now. That would be an expensive bag of food to waste.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have given it to Wally before, and he seemed fine… he just had a LOT of tear staining so I decided to switch it up. If he's eating from your other dog's bowls it would be hard to pinpoint if it's the food entirely… I would put him on a bland diet and give him some pumpkin to see if that clears things up. If not I would take him to the vet for a checkup, it could be a stomach bug...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Anyone have an issue with this food? We recently bought a bag and Herschel seemed to do ok with it the first couple of days. Days 3 and 4 he has been having the runs at night, very watery. He eats early in the morning so I would have thought a digestive issue would happen in the afternoon. He normally eats chicken ala veg and beef frittata, along with a nibble in the other dogs bowls. He has never seemed to have issues with any food. May not be this food but just troubleshooting right now. That would be an expensive bag of food to waste.

If he's eating from other bowls - and those other bowls are a different kibble - that could be causing the diarrhea. I would try to keep him away from those if possible. Just keep him limited to Fromms, and with the flavors he does well on. Like Tracey said, some pumpkin will also help, just regular canned. If you have just opened the Fromms, I would call the place where you got it, and see if they will swap it out for you, if the bag is just opened (and barely used), and you got it recently, they should with no problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Tracey and Jessica..... if he is stealing from the other bowls it may not be the Duck/sweet potato that is the issue -- try to confine him to just his food to see if that is the problem.

OP
Coach

Coach

Dec 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel
I bought him a different Fromm today to see if that clears it up. This is just a recent thing over the last couple of days after switching flavors of his food. Although we dont let him get carried away, he's been getting into the other dog bowls since he was a pup.

Most Reactions