Best food for Bully with yeast issues?

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I am currently feeding my dog Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato LID. I don't know if it is seasonal, food related or what but my bulldogs wrinkles are very yeasty. I think I have tried every wipe and solution from the vet. Her wrinkles are so tight that they don't get any air. I have tried feeding her yogurt as well. Any ideas?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Little bit of apple cider vinegar to her water..... have you tried the mal-a-ket wipes? Many here use them with great results.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I am currently feeding my dog Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato LID. I don't know if it is seasonal, food related or what but my bulldogs wrinkles are very yeasty. I think I have tried every wipe and solution from the vet. Her wrinkles are so tight that they don't get any air. I have tried feeding her yogurt as well. Any ideas?

Hi :) If you are going to try another food, go with something that doesn't have potato, could be that. How long has she been on the food? Also, since her folds are tight, try witch hazel since it has a drying agent. I know that once Tyson had yeast so bad it got infected, and the only thing that cleared it up with antibiotics. He had it on his face, and in between his paws. You can also try a little baby Destin in her folds, use a q-tip.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Check out malacetic otic and Malecetic Otic ultra, for fold problems. I would also recommend fromm beef frittata and Nuvet plus, ever since I changed to that we hardly have any yeast issues. Especially since finding nuvet daily instead of sometimes, I hardly ever wipe folds anymore.

Also probiotics are really great, oil (salmon or coconut), as well as Greek yogurt.

Remember to try one of these things at a time!!! Other wise you won't know what is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I have switched from 4-health to diamond (I know ) beef and rice seems to be working good so far. I'm giving it a month / bag worth to see. But to me he smells better already.

I love my bullies!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.