Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The hives could be a stress reaction on the body, does she get the hives before or after vomiting? If it is before, then I would say she is allergic to a food ingredient or ingredients, if it is after it could be a sweat/stress/hives from vomiting, those should usually go away after she is relaxed....

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi I'm so sorry I had a crazy day at work!. OK so this does sound like a classic food allergy. Stay away from regular protiens. I had to have Brutus on prescription food which was soy based. It was hypoallergenic and a hydrolized protien, which was the soy. He did great on it, no vomiting but he did still get cysts between his toes and his coat was terrible. I knew I could do better for him. I put him on The Honest Kitchen. It is a dehydrated raw. I have to give him one that contains a novel protien or he will still vomit. His protien is duck. You can Google novel protiens, they really make a difference when your dog has stomach sensitivities and allergies. I have tried nearly every brand and every protien including fish and no good. THK or the Royal Canin prescription food is the only food he doesn't vomit. I also give him a plain pepcid every night with his dinner. Good luck, and discuss these options with your vet. I never make a change for Brutus without consulting the vet first.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.